New Kelvin Timeline Star Trek film goes into production late 2022

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Considering the captain of the ship in, the Kelvin timeline, got the post after having left the Brig, when he wasn't even an actually commissioned member of the crew - and it's barely even brought up addressed? They're playing just a bit fast and loose with any of those rules!
Its true, every movie Kirk loses command and regains it in about 90 seconds of runtime.

payn

1. KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
2. Star Trek Beyond
3. Star Trek VI- We Are Too Old For This Sh... Stuff
4. First Contact with the Hot Borg Queen
5. Star Trek (2009- First Kelvin)
6. Star Trek IV- Whales are Cool, the 80s are Funny
7. Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture
8. Star Trek Into Darkness with the Benedict Cumberkhaaaaaaaan!
9. Star Trek III- You knew we weren't killing off Spock, Right?
10. Star Trek Generations of TOS and TNG fans annoyed you crossed the streams
11. Getting into a conversation with a Star Wars Fan about the recent Star Wars trilogy.
12. Whatever those other two movies were in the TNG franchise.
13. Removing all of your fingernails and toenails with an icepick.
14. Star Trek V- The Final Frontier of Shatner's Ego
Pretty accurate except I'll take STV all day long over listening to Star Wars fans talk about any SW.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Its true, not even Tom Hardy could save Nemesis.
It's damning with faint praise, but I would rewatch ST V: The Final Frontier before I'd watch Insurrection or Nemesis.

I mean... I honestly can't even remember the names ... Tom Hardy (?!?!) was in one of them?

I do recall being vaguely excited for the release of one of them (I think it was the one with Romulans?) and then seeing it on DVD, and ... I couldn't even finish it. It was so .... bad. It didn't even have the "so bad, it's good" parts of V.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
It's damning with faint praise, but I would rewatch ST V: The Final Frontier before I'd watch Insurrection or Nemesis.
And I'll watch any of those three before I have to suffer through Into Darkness again, that movie needs to be relegated into the Highlander II bin of sequels.

Frankly, Highlander II was at least stupid schlocky fun. Darkness was just tedious and irritating and made less sense than Highlander II; a true accomplishment for any movie!

payn

And I'll watch any of those three before I have to suffer through Into Darkness again, that movie needs to be relegated into the Highlander II bin of sequels.

Frankly, Highlander II was at least stupid schlocky fun. Darkness was just tedious and irritating and made less sense than Highlander II; a true accomplishment for any movie!
I didnt love Into Darkness either, but cmon, its not a Highlander 2 territory.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

On the other hand-

As opposed to-

It's possible that ... you're a little off-base?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I mean... I honestly can't even remember the names ... Tom Hardy (?!?!) was in one of them?

I do recall being vaguely excited for the release of one of them (I think it was the one with Romulans?) and then seeing it on DVD, and ... I couldn't even finish it. It was so .... bad. It didn't even have the "so bad, it's good" parts of V.
Exactly. TFF isn't just bad - it's sort of enjoyably ridiculous, and even has actual dramatic momentum. Insurrection and Nemesis I found mostly just lifeless and artificial-feeling, with a few good moments sprinkled between them.

Remove ads