• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Monster Stats (Dungeons of Dread)

Citan

First Post
Lord Tirian,

the store I bought the products in is renowned for it's high prices (14 € for 1 package, which equals appr. 20 $ and is their standard price for DDM) and unfriendly owner and (if you can't guess by now) is located somewhere between Innenstadt and Rüttenscheid (if I am correct). They took the rest of the shipment they recieved to a convention this weekend so I am unsure if there will be something left on tuesday.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I doubt this will be too big of a problem to say. Just be careful using some of the stats from the D&D minis cards as accurate as I've heard that they all had to be done and printed months ago before the final copy of the rules were. Thus, some of their numbers are wrong and powers are inaccurate due to changes from playtesting.

ObsidianCrane

First Post
I'm guessing that the Warlock has a Shadow Pact.

It will be interesting to see the 4E versions of these guys.

Mind I also have to wonder about the absence of the 4E stats. Paticularly as now each mini card would be like a new monster stat block for 4E. I hope they do put the rpg stats on the cards and get them right in the future.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Citan said:
the store I bought the products in is renowned for it's high prices (14 € for 1 package, which equals appr. 20 $ and is their standard price for DDM) and unfriendly owner and (if you can't guess by now) is located somewhere between Innenstadt and Rüttenscheid (if I am correct). They took the rest of the shipment they recieved to a convention this weekend so I am unsure if there will be something left on tuesday.
Ah, thanks! Let's see what I can get... :)

Cheers, LT.

Gargazon

First Post
Cailte said:
I'm guessing that the Warlock has a Shadow Pact.

It will be interesting to see the 4E versions of these guys.

Mind I also have to wonder about the absence of the 4E stats. Paticularly as now each mini card would be like a new monster stat block for 4E. I hope they do put the rpg stats on the cards and get them right in the future.

Um... those ARE the 4E stats.

Deverash

First Post
Gargazon said:
Actually, he can do it if he moves - the Divine Beacon ability ends when the Eidolon attacks, so it could technically wander around, dispensing Retributions until it's the only thing left and needs to attack.

It'd be rather difficult to have the party Rogue (who I'd assume has the highest Reflex Defence) run around hugging the thing so as to suck up all its Retributions.

It's actually a real nasty piece of work: -5 on all attacks unless you get the thing to attack you? And it's got an ability which prevents it from attacking, which is only de-activated if you kill an enemy (which, if they're level 13, it probably quite difficult with a -5 penalty to all attacks) or attack it (which also requires a Wis attack versus its Will, again with a -5 penalty, which would probably give your average 13th level character with a Wis of 12 a... +1 against a defence of 21?).

One thing I wonder - is that a standard action to sustain the Divine Beacon? Cause if it is that thing is never going to be throwing away attacks until all its allies are dead, or someone hits it with an attack that forces it to make an attack. And is Divine Retribution an attack? Now I'm kinda confused...

Assuming that the listing it right, there's no action needed to sustain the Divine Beacon...but it does look like Divine Retribution is an attack. So, I can easily see this thing alternating between Divine Beacon and Divine Retribution. Makes it hard to take down. Though it'll have a harder time taking down the rogue in your example if, say, it's Marked by the paladin or the fighter and then it has to target the rogue.

Wow, that monster brings alot of tactical thinking with it to a fight :D I like!

Edit: Realised what I said made no sense :heh:
Yeah, me too. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads