• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Quickling

Traycor

Explorer
I was very impressed by the art direction for the new Quickling in "Worlds and Monsters". Certainly it surprised me. Very different from the "tiny elf on crack" that was expected. It was so inspiring that I whipped up a piece of fan art for the new critter.

So, what does everyone think about the new little monster they've given us?

Quickling4E.jpg

EDIT: I'm adding my other pics from later in the thread.

Quickling4E02.jpg

Sleeping standing up:
Quickling4E03.jpg

Last edited:

Kunimatyu

First Post
Nice art, Tray, and I'm a fan -- the pupil-less eyes give it a slightly insectoid look, which works well for fey (see Pan's Labyrinth for more). I'm very happy that fey are no longer the equivalent of the Keebler elves.

Scribble

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
Nice art, Tray, and I'm a fan -- the pupil-less eyes give it a slightly insectoid look, which works well for fey (see Pan's Labyrinth for more). I'm very happy that fey are no longer the equivalent of the Keebler elves.

I for one would LOVE it if they based a few ideas off of Pan's Labyrinth.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Hmm, lol, actually it just now reminded me of some of the sketches of the Chupacabra.

But in all seriousness I like it, I will probably change a couple aspects of it, but overall I am glad they are taking a new view of Fey.

Traycor

Explorer
Personally I don't see why they need daggers. With feet and teeth like that, a quickling could easily shred somebody while running past at blazing speed. Ouch!

Traycor said:
Personally I don't see why they need daggers. With feet and teeth like that, a quickling could easily shred somebody while running past at blazing speed. Ouch!
daggers, esp twin daggers look COOL!
Not quite sure about the leaf loin cloth, stitching those littles leaves all onto a belt would be a)hard and b)not very durable- especially when zooming around at 100feet per second ;)

Traycor

Explorer
Sadrik said:
Nice art. Now it looks like a goblin on crack ;p
You're right! My version from that angle does look a bit like a goblin.

The side view (standing upright and still) in Worlds & Monsters looks nothing like a goblin though. The only problem I have with the original pic is that it looks like the quickling is posing for the shot. I like action shots as opposed to "stand there, look mean" shots.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Traycor said:
Its easier to slash with a knife than it is to bite and risk getting your teeth caught in something. Besides a little guy with a knife moving at incredible speed? it is just creepy.

I rejoice in the quicklings return, and only hope they don't give him twin actions (like choker) I know it will be too easy for casters to steal this power and abuse it. If they leave this loophole closed from the begining we won't have to wory about HRs for splatbooks in the future.
ie PUN-PUN

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads