• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Server Drive - donation and prize thread (Final total: $13,310!)

Umbra

First Post
Just a thought for those of you who find your finances stretched. Perhaps you can ask those who benefit from ENWorld indirectly (eg. players who don't read the site but accept its boons through you) would be willing to pass a buck or two to you to be forwarded on. If each group of players contributed $10 between them...platinum here we come.

(I so want the cash thermometer to become a gusher ;) )

EricNoah

Adventurer
It's great to see all of this generosity. Particularly from the publishers -- you guys rock. You are the reason EN World is a FAN site!

And also great to see lurkers de-lurking! :)

Jacen

First Post
Any other alternative ways to pay?

Hiya all,

This is not bad way of ending my life as a lurker. But as for topic is there any other ways to donate besides sending check by mail or using paypal?

a) I prefer not to send money by mail from Europe and don't have checks. And even cashing foreign checks most likely is a pain.
b) As for paypal there are reasons for me not wanting to use it. Have heard too many horror stories and dislike someone acting like bank without oblications of one.

I know that there is a community supporter at RPG Now. I have even managed to use RPG Now with Globe Card, but I'd like to give money directly for the server. So would it be possible to have some new "product" there besides community support? Maybe one that costs $20 which could be purchased many times to get different donation sums. Or are there some extra expencives, legal restrictions, too much work etc reasons for not doing that.

If RPGNow is out of question then I have to reconsider PayPal :\

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're halfway there! 162 people have been kind enough to donate, and we're at about $5700. Right now if donations continue at this pace it looks like we may be able to go with a two-server setup, neither of which is our current old box.

Last edited:

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
$50 Sent.

And for what it is worth if I win one of the prizes, my intention is to Ebay it and donate the profits as well as it is highly likely that I will either already own whatever it is or have no real need for it. I would encourage everyone else to do the same.

Caspiar

First Post
$25.00 from "Gavorial" my pay pal account.......wish i could do more.
Just an old timer, doing his part, to keep this vibrant community alive.

Remove ads