New Tolkien Book: The Fall of Númenor

darjr

I crit!
The Fall of Númenor

A collected novel of Tolkiens second age stories edited together as a coherent book.

I do so hope that Free League does an expansion covering the second age.

G

Guest 7034872

Is there new material in here that is not already published elsewhere, or is this one of those things where they take a bunch of already-published material from various sources and pull it all together around the theme of Númenor?

Never mind--the article answers my question:

Sibley has gone through the entire published works by Tolkien, and provides new introductions and commentaries to bring all the pieces of Tolkien’s original content together.

Immeril

Explorer
And here I was thinking the The Nature of Middle-earth was going to be the last one.
Is there new material in here that is not already published elsewhere, or is this one of those things where they take a bunch of already-published material from various sources and pull it all together around the theme of Númenor?
Nature was billed by HarperCollins as the "first ever publication of J.R.R. Tolkien’s final writings on Middle-earth". So I'm quite certain that this one is a compilation of previously published material.

EDIT: Announcement for Nature.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
The Fall of Númenor

A collected novel of Tolkiens second age stories edited together as a coherent book.
I should check it out. I really enjoyed The Children of Hurin, though I've never been able to make much headway with The Silmarillion.

darjr

I crit!
I should check it out. I really enjoyed The Children of Hurin, though I've never been able to make much headway with The Silmarillion.
I’d like to have these collected together and in a semblance of order. And knowing Christopher was involved, at least early on, helping to make a narrative of sorts, has me intrigued.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
This looks interesting. Personally, I'm kinda bummed we never got the below. Sounded really interesting. Like, actually actually interesting, not jogging slowly and singing around campfires for chapters on end, interesting.

GreyLord

Legend
Interestingly...I think J.R.R. Tolkien has had more Fantasy Books released after he died than he did when he was living...by a good fair amount.

Remove ads