• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Newfoundland [IC]

Thels

First Post
Trying to build a little fire, Stillgem and Drithmyne notice the leaves burn quite well without burning up too quickly. As they cook the meat, a pleasent smell appears and spreads around the local area. The meat from the lizards are hard to chew, but at least have a decent taste. By the time everyone finished dinner, it's pitch black outside the illumination of the little campfire. Besides the cnispering of the fire, it's completely silent.

Pierce

First Post
Larrock isn't sure what to make of the charred lizard-kabobs and so will munch on trail rations instead. He curls up next to Ben's massive body, trying to gain protection from the elements and any more lizards that may be skulking about.

deadestdai

First Post
After gnawing on a bone and noisely sucking his fingers clean, Stillgem turns to his meal-time companion. So, it seems that you were the only one who did not succumb to the sickness? A hardy soul you are elf-friend. And with these lizard-things about, a watch will need to be posted eh? Would be happy to take first, seeing as I have slept for what feels like a year! And especially with you having had to tire yourself out with the recent scrap here. Get some kip. He gets up, piles more fuel onto the fire and then starts to string his bow, notching an arrow ready, but not drawn. Then he finds a place that he feels would be the most advantageous to perch upon as sentry (The Ogre-child's up-turned belly.) and sits cross-legged using the light of the fire to further enhance his low-light vision.

Thels

First Post
As the others try to rest and make the best of it, the reawakened Stillgem watches over the group. Not long after the others fell asleep, the silence that hangs over the camp get's interrupted as faint bangs can be heard. Though the sound isn't loud where Stillgem hears it, it sounds like it travelled quite a distance and was probably eardeafening at it's origin. The sounds appear to Stillgem as explosions.

Only with this interruption does Stillgem note how quiet this place is. Unlike his homeland, where all kinds of creatures disturbed the silence of the nights, or the Seastrider, where men worked around the clock, the night here seems to pass in the utmost stillness... except for the sounds of explosions. At invervals of about half a minute, the sounds repeat themselves, as another serie of bangs can be heard.

Though his ears seem as good as ever, his eyes seem less okay. Colored spots seem to mark his eye, as if he's been looking into a bright light, like the sun itself. Soon, Stillgem finds his eyes twisting away from what he's looking at, so he can peer around the spots.

The two of elven origin and the human male seem to be having a normal rest, yet the women, dwarf and giant are constantly wooling, turning around and shaking their arms, unable to lie still. A little later, Resa turns round, vomiting. Her eyes open as her most recent food spills over the ground. Appearantly, another one awoke.

deadestdai

First Post
Stillgem rubs his eyes, trying to adjust to these spots and wierd colourings that keep interupting his vision. Then he hears the moan and the sound of the large human woman emptying the contents of her stomach.

Surprised a little, he jumps off of his perch and scampers over to where she lay. Making sure he kept his distance so as not to startle her, 'ere are miss, ye be finally wakin' just as I did meself! A good thing, seein' as there are so many of us now that have been taken by this nuisance sleepy-sickness. I bet you will be as hungry as I was!? And, making sure he has her attention he go's to the fire and pulls a cooked lizard haunch and offers it to her, a smile on his wee features.

Am glad I'm not the only one who wakes. This night, I've heard terrible bangs and crashes. I fear the ground itself is tearin' itself apart! Though, thankfully I think it must be happenin' far away.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
She starts, and looks at the little man with haunted eyes. Is this the afterlife? Where are the lakes of fire and... No, no, that cannot be Asmodeus. Damn, what the hell happened? She shakes her head to clear her thoughts, but they still seem to be floating sluggishly trough the muddy swamp of her mind. The Worms... I fell asleep. You must have dragged me here, my back is killing me. And the others, have they also fallen to the worms? Where are we? We have to get out of this jungle.
She wipes her mouth, and rinses it out with a mouthful of water, then grabs the offered meat and bites down hungrily. Thank you, and thanks for saving me. Does anyone have any idea of what to do next?

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
After checking around, Resa notes that Stillgem is the only one awake. All the others are down. The offered meat nearly feels heavy to lift, and Resa feels really broken down, almost as if she's been in Rage for hours... And then that light! Why is it so bright? Everything, that is.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"I've not," Flynn says, looking up from where he lays, hovering between sleep and wakefulness. "Neither has Drithmyne, though he sleeps. The dwarf has fallen, as has our large friend. The gnome, as you can see, has awoken from his sleep."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
After his four hours of Meditation, Drithmyne will waken and keep Stillgem company, letting him sleep if he is able. Petting the cat, Drithmyne goes over all of the possibilities that this new place offers, his mind racing with prospects.

Remove ads