• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Next Playtest - How?

RYPros53

First Post
So I signed up on WotC for the Next Playtest. And I know it's scheduled for sometime in May (15th if I'm not mistaken?) - but how does this happen?

I know they said it would be available for you "at home so your regular group can test it" but what, are they going to ship us it free of charge? Someone fill in the blanks for me here! :-S

Kzach

Banned
Banned
They were going to have Monte Cook fly out and personally DM games for everyone who signed up, but I guess that isn't going to happen now.

I guess we'll have to settle for having [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION] do it.

WRONG!

The elves are going to do it. You know, the ones from the North Pole.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
So I signed up on WotC for the Next Playtest. And I know it's scheduled for sometime in May (15th if I'm not mistaken?) - but how does this happen?

I know they said it would be available for you "at home so your regular group can test it" but what, are they going to ship us it free of charge? Someone fill in the blanks for me here! :-S

It will be PDFs most probably, pregenerated characters and an advantures to run them through it and give your feedback.

Warder

underfoot007ct

First Post

If you were hoping for real answers, you might be out of luck.

I'm fairly certain you can expect a PDF Download, but not sure if we can expect a NDA or not. If not, EW will be a buzz of complaints I'm sure.

Remove ads