NFL Week 14

Crothian

First Post
Any team that makes the AFC playoffs will have a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Steelers and Patriots will have the advantage of the bye week, but historically that has meant less in the AFC then the NFC. The Chargers are just going to be charging into the playioffs and no one wants to play them the first round.

Captain Tagon

First Post
True, but I just think overall the Steelers and the Pats are really much better teams than anyone else in the AFC, and that includes the Chargers and the Colts.

Crothian

First Post
That miight be true, but you only have to be the best team that day or the luckier one. Both teams have won a lot of games that were close and little bad luck could have easily swung it the other way. Steelers and Patriots will be the favored two, but I will not be suprised if one of them loses in the divisional round.

Felix

Explorer
@*%^%(*#$ Redskins @#$)($ missed opportunities %*&!@$*$( anemic offense *&$^(*&#@ mental errors ($^% #$%(*&! can't even ^#*&^%()*&%( penalties @#$&)%(^$^@%!)(*% TRIPLE COVERAGE ON FIRST DOWN???

Phew. Ok, I feel better.

But I also feel that I was right in saying that if the skins could hold onto the ball they would win. They didn't hold on long enough, and they still almost won. It hurts to know that your 4-9 team could be a contender with a halfway decent offense.

Sigh.

Laurel

First Post
So my husband has a great story from the Skins Eagles game last night:
he walked into the bathroom to everyone yelling about the game, who should win, who would win, who was the best... all seeming to think the louder they were the more correct they were. Finally a guy in line in front of my husband yells, "What about those cowboys?" There was finally agreement as loud booing, jokes, and laughter filled the area. One thing they agreed on. :)
Wait I like the cowboys... :(

Anyways, I will agree that it seems Gibbs is truly turning the Redskins around, and I think next year will be an even better year for them. At least Gibbs was able to admit fault for calling the play (unlike some past redskins coaches who wouldn't have).

It didn't look like the Eagles where playing poorly either, not at thier greatest... but more the redskins bumping thier play up to keep the score there. They got the first touchdown at the opening! Definitely set the mood for the rest of the game.

Felix

Explorer
Laurel said:
At least Gibbs was able to admit fault for calling the play (unlike some past redskins coaches who wouldn't have).
Gibbs is one of those coaches when if the team loses badly, he did it. If it's a so-so win, we did it. And if it's a dominating win, the players did it.

And yeah, I think it's coming around. Goodness knows how long it will take to come out of the Norv Turner malaise...

DaveStebbins

First Post
Crothian said:
Steelers play Buffalo the last game of the regular season...in Buffalo. That could turn into a very important game for both teams. Bills might need it to get to the Playoffs, Steelers might need it for home field advantage.
Except Buffalo also needs Baltimore and Denver to lose two of their last three games to make winning out and getting into the playoffs a possibility. Their conference record means they lose the tie-breaker to either team. Jacksonville would also have to lose a game because they, like Baltimore, beat Buffalo early in the season.

That IS however, a possibility as Baltimore plays it's next two games at Indy and then at Pittsburgh, and Denver plays at KC, at Tennessee and home versus Indy. Jax is at GB next week. So the least likely part of the scenario is the part where Buffalo wins out (at Cincy, at SF, versus Pittsburgh).

Oh well, at least they overcame tough early-season losses and are making a great run at the playoffs, even if they need lots of help.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Redskins D: Locked down McNabb and TO most of the game. Turnovers that saved points and set up points.
Redskins special teams: big return set up TD
Redskins recievers: spectacular catches
Redskins RBs: Big yards

Refs: Idiotic pass interference call gives Eagles first TD
Ramsey: Idiotic INT to lose game

This is what keeps us from beating the "NFC's best team"? Looking at the NFC playoff teams makes this all the more frustrating. Less bad calls and bad QB decisions and the Skins would be the "NFC's best team"

Remove ads