• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Correct about Dino. He will never again be considered a main combatant, because he was defeated, although he obviously will continue to have some effect on the battle.

Round 570

The dragon reappears at 70N55E60Z, hovering.

Dino lumbers over to 55N55E and takes a swing at the dragon, missing completely (natural 1).

By the way, the summoned creatures are all gone by now.

Last edited:

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Okay, working on it. Sadly, the only NG creature in the SRD list for summon monster VI is a Celestial Orca Whale... so I'm going to start looking over other sources that have expansions to the Summon Monster lists. If anyone knows of a compiled list of such, I'd appreciate it.

(though making a celestial orca whale appear right over the dragon's head would be funny...)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Lunas is amused at the dino vs. dragon combat, and pads softly along to the side. He calls upon shadowy source to produce a number of tiny weasel like creatures, each of whom then unleashes a pair of missiles at the dragon and then burrows beneath the earth.

(Std: SLA Greater Shadow Conjuration mimicing Summon Monster VI, which in turn is pulling 1d4+1 Musteval Guardinals (from the SM3 list), centered at 80N20E. That is to say, the first appears at 80N20E, the second at 70N20E, third at 90N20E, fourth at 80N10E, fifth at 80N30E (if I'm luck enough to get all five.
then Lunas MEA: from 115N45E back to 100N20E.

Each musteval: use SLA Magic Missile to attack the dragon then burrow down 5" and 5" further away from the center point. Note that Lunas can communicate with the mustevals telepathically as long as they are within 50".

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar said:
OOC: Okay, working on it. Sadly, the only NG creature in the SRD list for summon monster VI is a Celestial Orca Whale... so I'm going to start looking over other sources that have expansions to the Summon Monster lists. If anyone knows of a compiled list of such, I'd appreciate it.

(though making a celestial orca whale appear right over the dragon's head would be funny...)

You do not need to summon a Neutral Good creature if you are Neutral Good. The only restriction (unless there is one with the moon dog I am not aware of) is that the creature cannot be evil, and that is only for divine casters.

You only get 1d3 musteval guardinals if they are one level lower than the level of the summoning spellalthough you can mimic SMV (or SMVI) I do not have musteval guardinals, but I think I can fake it for now.

Four musteval guardians appear.

None of the missiles affect the dragon (best CL check roll 20 + musteval's caster level).

Round 571

The dragon hovers over to 100N45E45Z.

Dino charges over to 95N55E and misses the dragon (natural 1).

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC:
* The mustevals are actually three levels down SM3 vs. SM6.
* re: alignment. Ah, I was thinking of the polymorph arena rules. Rats.
* I will still need a # on the mustevals, since once they have to give up on the dragon they'll move to the next target...

Action for 571:
Lunas will run down through the field of weasels to 40N20E, telling them to give one more try at the dragon. If all of them fail a second time, he'll get the clue that maybe it isn't going to work at all.

Lunas has no idea who is next in the NG queue behind him, does he?

Remove ads