D&D General Night Below: An Underdark Campaign

TheSword

Legend
Thanks but not having read or played through LMoP that comparison is lost on me. Most of the adventures I run are conversions out of 1E/2E era Dungeon mag (the best/most interesting adventures ever made for D&D in my opinion) or 1E modules. But I do like to occasionally branch out and try other things even though I am a "run thing as written" atheist. :ROFLMAO:
It’s a really solid, 1-5 mini campaign with plenty going on. Perfect introduction to NPCs. Maybe slightly cliche by 2023 standards or a classic.

Orius

Legend
Thanks but not having read or played through LMoP that comparison is lost on me. Most of the adventures I run are conversions out of 1E/2E era Dungeon mag (the best/most interesting adventures ever made for D&D in my opinion) or 1E modules. But I do like to occasionally branch out and try other things even though I am a "run thing as written" atheist. :ROFLMAO:

In that case, Book 1 is probably similar T1 or B2, but spread out over a much larger area for no good reason.

Then I suppose Books 2 and 3 can be compared to a watered down D1-3 with a lower level spread and far less flavor.

Night Below is probably 2e's most iconic adventure but to put it bluntly, Gary did it much better than Carl Sargent did, and in less space. Come to think of it, that applies to Greyhawk too.

Remove ads