Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

thegreyman

First Post
Dorrin also readies for the inevitable Undead rush. After feeling the warm glow of Grendath reappearing, he pulls his holy symbol and prepares to turn once the critters get within 30 feet.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The dwarves both ready actions against the zombies' approach. Valan draws his weapon and shield. Dorrin prepares to turn as many of them as he can. Jace has nothing to lose from taking a shot, but though it strikes true, it doesn't seem to hurt the zombie much, as it ignores the hole punctured into it. It seems like slashing damage will be more effective. Valan notices the spectral runic creature, but that noticing won't help, since it's right in the midst of its allies, and he knows that turning undead will automatically go for the weakest enemies first.*

*The undead move forward, poised to charge the group. This triggers Dorrin's prepared call to Grendath. The power of the Lord of Fate flows quite strongly through him, perhaps in protest to the foul blasphemy previously performed upon it by the undead in severing Dorrin away from his god. Perhaps five percent of the enemy break off and begin to retreat at full speed.*

(OOC: Wow, 18 on the d20 and then 5 and 6 on the 2d6. Nice. Everyone with a readied action has their action fizzle, so I need new declared actions from everyone.)

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace 16/18 HP

OOC: I hadn't intended to fire yet, but it would be pointless to use the crossbow anyway. No big deal, moving on . . .

Jace channels his divine power into a Bless spell.
I'll try to keep the dwarves between Jace and the advancing horde for now. Anything that doesn't have a pulse that gets past the dwarves triggers a turn undead attempt
Turn Undead 4/day (60ft., d20+3 to turn, 2d6+3 damage)

And so you don't have to wait for me,
Jace's Intended actions:
1. Cast Bless for self and allies.
2. Swap crossbow for morningstar.
3. Cast Protection from Evil on self.
4. Hurl flasks of oil into the throngs of undead
5. Target as many of the oil-laden undead as possible with Jace's Burning Hands spell.

EDIT: OOPS! Anything that gets up next to Jace gets whacked with a morningstar (+1 to attack, 1d8 damage) or a gauntlet, depending on Jace's state of readiness.
[sblock=Jace's Spells] Jace prepares his Cleric spells before breakfast.
Cleric 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Spells Per Day 4 3+D - - - - - - - -
Orisons:
Create Water
Guidance
Light
Resistance
1st:
Bless
Magic Weapon
Protection from Evil
D: Burning Hands[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
jaker2003 said:
OOC: I hadn't intended to fire yet, but it would be pointless to use the crossbow anyway. No big deal, moving on . . .

Jace channels his divine power into a Bless spell.
I'll try to keep the dwarves between Jace and the advancing horde for now. Anything that doesn't have a pulse that gets past the dwarves triggers a turn undead attempt
Turn Undead 4/day (60ft., d20+3 to turn, 2d6+3 damage)

And so you don't have to wait for me,
Jace's Intended actions:
1. Cast Bless for self and allies.
2. Swap crossbow for morningstar.
3. Cast Protection from Evil on self.
4. Hurl flasks of oil into the throngs of undead
5. Target as many of the oil-laden undead as possible with Jace's Burning Hands spell.

EDIT: OOPS! Anything that gets up next to Jace gets whacked with a morningstar (+1 to attack, 1d8 damage) or a gauntlet, depending on Jace's state of readiness.
[sblock=Jace's Spells] Jace prepares his Cleric spells before breakfast.
Cleric 0th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Spells Per Day 4 3+D - - - - - - - -
Orisons:
Create Water
Guidance
Light
Resistance
1st:
Bless
Magic Weapon
Protection from Evil
D: Burning Hands[/sblock]
(OOC: I realised that you hadn't really given an action other than to check that the crossbow was readied, so I just had him shoot, since he had a ranged weapon. I mean, it did do damage past the 5 DR, just not much.)

*Jace Blesses the endeavours of his allies.*

thegreyman

First Post
Holding his shield and holy symbol tightly Dorrin grins slightly at the success he had. That'll show them. He presents his holy symbol strongly again and channels divine power through it.

ooc: What would we have for spells after the divine shutoff thing? And I should really let you roll this... But here goes... Dorrin's 2nd turn attempt (1d20+2=19, 2d6+4=11) Suck it, undead minions!
[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC (13 + spell lvl)
0 - Create Water, Light, Light, Create Water
1 - Bless, Bless, Shield of Faith, Magic Weapon (D)

Turn Undead (5/day, +2 to turn, 2d6+4 Damage): 3 Remaining
War Domain: Weapon Focus and Proficiency w/ longsword
Luck Domain: 1/day Reroll once before success/failure, Must keep second roll.
[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The same spells you had before getting cut off, but no new ones, despite leveling up)

*Three more walking corpses turn and flee, disrupting the front lines as even more of them begin to scatter.*

(OOC: Dwarves to go now)

Remove ads