• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-North American Gamers who want to buy the 1e reprints, sound off!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Personally I don't want ANY copy of them to go on ebay at an inflated price. NO ONE should profit off these and all proceeds should go to the Gary Gygax Memorial Fund. Anyone who puts them up on eBay and pockets any amount over the price they paid for the book and the cost to ship it is a royal D-Bag and is in fact spitting on Gary's future Memorial.

How very noble and Lawful Good of you. In fact, WotC should just send all profits they make to the fund. How great would that be?

I won't be using Ebay, but I guess in your eyes I'm still a royal D-Bag. I would make at most $1 profit per book. And to think I thought I was doing international gamers a favor.

"Spitting on Gary's future Memorial".....you've got to be kidding me. Wow.

"Holy ground, Highlander! Holy ground!"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm just saying, the proceeds of the book sale should belong to the memorial fund.

Gary would love it for people to help spread DnD across the world since it helps foster creativity, helps bring together people, and helps us remember the legends and myths of the past as well as creating our own for the future generations to enjoy. That in itself is the reward of helping ship those books across seas and into foreign lands.

It's a lofty ideal, but then again ALL charity is regardless of who or what it is done for.

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
I am willing to mail someone a copy of whatever they care, presuming they cover cost/S&H. I am not interested in the product, but will help out those who want it. :)

Dice4Hire

First Post
I'm just saying, the proceeds of the book sale should belong to the memorial fund. .

Well, they really would, unless those selling it on Ebay stole it from WOTC or elsewhere.

Assumedly, they bought it at whatever price WOTC would sell it to them for and the full price went to the memorial fund.

Now people who put it up on a file-sharing site ........

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'm just saying, the proceeds of the book sale should belong to the memorial fund.

Gary would love it for people to help spread DnD across the world since it helps foster creativity, helps bring together people, and helps us remember the legends and myths of the past as well as creating our own for the future generations to enjoy. That in itself is the reward of helping ship those books across seas and into foreign lands.

It's a lofty ideal, but then again ALL charity is regardless of who or what it is done for.

You're mistaking the release of these books as nothing but charity and trying to take a holier than thou stance in the name of Gygax. That's not cool man.

If anyone bought from me on the internet, they'll be paying less than retail price (not including shipping). I'll make about $1 on the sale. A FLGs will make a much bigger profit if they got full retail price. By your logic, isn't that worse? WotC and their distributors also make a much bigger profit on each book (which is their main goal).

A guy can sell a truckload of them on Ebay for twice as much money. That isn't going to effect how much money goes into the Gygax fund. So I'm not exactly sure why you're being critical and insulting unless you're just trying to prove how good of a Gygax supporter you are.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
I am willing to mail someone a copy of whatever they care, presuming they cover cost/S&H. I am not interested in the product, but will help out those who want it. :)

Very kind offer - I don't know what the P&P would be to the UK but at face value count me in :)

Remove ads