• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Non-North American Gamers who want to buy the 1e reprints, sound off!

Wightbred

Explorer
Unfortunately this is starting to get linked to 5E for me.

I've always wanted to get the 1e core books, but never got around to it. When I saw they were putting them out and linking them to the Gygax memorial I was stoked. But then no international purchasing options reminded me how Wizards can screw things up. I was really interested to see what they do with 5E, but this move is affecting my confidence that Wizards can get it together.

Not cool, Wizards, not cool.

Olive

Explorer
I should say that I actually have all the 1e core books - in fact I seem to have ended up with three DMGs. I don't have a Fiend Folio or either survival guide but I've got everything else in the hardback book range.

Anyone want to swap a DMG for a FF?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I have six PHBs, three DMGs and two MMs at present, but I still really want these editions (especially as they'll be new). As I'm currently running an AD&D game, there are a few of my players who might try buying them as well.

I'm curious as to the wording on the product flyer - it might actually imply that in North America, they'll only be distributed to hobby ships, but outside North America they could go elsewhere...

I hope that's the case.

Olive

Explorer
I'm curious as to the wording on the product flyer - it might actually imply that in North America, they'll only be distributed to hobby ships, but outside North America they could go elsewhere...

The wrding is "Available in limited quantities as a hobby channel exclusive in North America."

You could read it as 'but outside of the US you'll be able to buy them in chain stores' but I think that would be wishful thinking. Especially as you can only buy D&D in the hobby channel outside of North America (more or less).

Remove ads