Non-North American Gamers who want to buy the 1e reprints, sound off!

Ranes

Adventurer
I have the originals but I'm tempted to buy these anyway. My being in the UK could make that complicated (but I know people who would pick them up for me). Alternatively, they could provide the geekiest excuse for a holiday since I went to New York to watch the re-mastered Star Wars trilogy because all the decent cinemas in London were fully booked.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I'm definitely interested in a set...for EGG and nostalgia's sake (though I still have my original 3...they do show some ware after nearly 30 years!) though will probably try to get a set shipped to my U.S. address. Books are heavy and shipping could easily be as much as the books themselves to get all the way up here to me.

If I could preorder them somewhere (preferably on the East coast) I'd be more than happy to.

--SD

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just don't understand the restriction??? It's like WotC are turning their back on the rest of the world . . .

There could be a host of reasons that may cause them to do this- distribution agreements, restrictive covenants with the original IP holders, or even simply money.

For instance, if their projected price has tiny or nonexistent profit margins- due in part to the charity donation- distribution outside of North America m ight be prohibitively expensive.

I wouldn't worry about the distribution area too much. I live in the USA, and I still manage to buy CDs that were released only in Europe, Great Britain, or Japan. Even before the Internet shopping explosion.

The real factor affecting availability will be the size of the print run.

Well like I mentioned in another thread, I will be getting these for my store and I can ship them out to anyone that wants some. Shipping books is expensive though and I don't make much profit on books anyway because of Amazon. But if you email or message me, I will get you a copy.

I'm painfully aware of international shipping costs, bit I'm willing to pay for them, so I may take you up on your offer, if it's ok :)

Remove ads