Norum da Salaex: The Blade of Phoee

Funeris

First Post
Memory...

At the question, Cassock's, Ana's and Rhynos' memories flash back to the Cardinis Chamber...

In the water/stone:

Around the wheel and through its center,
Six of six slept through the ages
Imbibed the blood and bathed in tears
From one world made two, through six stages

Watched by three but seen by all,
Awaken the souls, rip away three cauls
To access the doors they search for the key
Of two sets of three, which truly sets them free?

In the water and through the stone,
The skeleton will wait
Craft it of steel and etch it with bone
The doors slide open to take them home

Around the edge of the “pool”:

The task is done
The time has come
For ages to sleep
With faith, just leap

This is what happens when we have sporadic gaming...memories start to fade...

dorgin_malgard

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
"How many can return with us?" Looking to Rhynos and the two other men.

"As many as can hold the key, I believe.. and thy grip must be tight or thy will belong to the spiritworld." Gregor sputters. "We can certainly explore that more closely once we are safely away from this place."

hobbit_killer

First Post
Rhynos

"No, Gregor, I believe its however many jump into the shaft before I jump after them with the key. Pray the first one doesn't hit the bottom before I leap....but the riddle mentioned six and we are now only five so I wouldn't worry too much."

Rhynos lowers his voice before continueing "And Cassock, what we witnessed in the tower was the First. Well it was if I am to be trusted...." And with that Rhynos starts chuckling uncontrollably.

dorgin_malgard

First Post
hobbit_killer said:
"No, Gregor, I believe its however many jump into the shaft before I jump after them with the key. Pray the first one doesn't hit the bottom before I leap....but the riddle mentioned six and we are now only five so I wouldn't worry too much."

Rhynos lowers his voice before continueing "And Cassock, what we witnessed in the tower was the First. Well it was if I am to be trusted...." And with that Rhynos starts chuckling uncontrollably.

"I am unaware of the riddle you speak of, so I must defer to your privileged information. On another note, I have not had time to explore the possible exits.. I remember the priest speaking of walking the facility freely so can I assume we have knowledge of ways out of here?"

Funeris

First Post
Per Yeti's direct email

Cassock: There's only the one exit on this level--the vertical shaft. (#1). To return to Leuo, we'd have to head north until we meet the river and then west into the mountains.

Ana and Soter nod in acknowledgement. Rhynos continues to chuckle uncontrollaby...

This shaft--complete with ladder--runs 200' vertically into the open air.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Funeris said:
Per Yeti's direct email

Cassock: There's only the one exit on this level--the vertical shaft. (#1). To return to Leuo, we'd have to head north until we meet the river and then west into the mountains.

Ana and Soter nod in acknowledgement. Rhynos continues to chuckle uncontrollaby...

This shaft--complete with ladder--runs 200' vertically into the open air.

Smiling maybe you should let them all in on the joke as well. As they walk to the shaft, whistling all the while with an almost childlike glee.

Funeris

First Post
Cassock strides toward the vertical shaft...gripping a low, steel rung and placing a foot upon the lowest bar.

Above an explosion flashes--briefly illuminating the entire shaft in blinding light. Screams drift upon the air--along with a scent of burning flesh that wafts down the shaft. Something--GIGANTIC--passes over the opening above, casting the shaft into complete darkness before shifting away and letting in the faint blue of the sky once again.

Cassock shakes his head, starts up the shaft. He glances behind and below--noting that no one is following and that all stand with their mouths unhinged.

He glances forward--and with barely enough time (thank reflexes) manages to slip to the left and disperse the immediate, crushing weight.

It--silver, shiny, covered with blackened runes--rolls from atop the priest, standing poised to strike in the middle of all five of you. It's body creaks slightly--metal across metal--as it eyes you all up. In one hand, a jagged black sword is held deftly. The other metal appendage grasps tightly to...a small metal shaft with an equally tiny opening.

Gregor immediately recognizes the weapon--a flintlock pistol.

The thing--lifts its head, cautiously examining--and you can see its eyes--not really eyes, more moving, arcane tattoos.

"Five down here, General--" it's monotone voice states methodically into the thin air. It pauses a second, as if listening. "No Sir. At least, I think not." It nods dumbly then sheathes the sword. With a spring, it bounds over the fallen priest and scampers up the rung.

The Kaeruniban disappears into the open world above.

Last edited:

Wasteland Knight

Adventurer
Soter's eyes go wide at the appearance of the Kaeruniban.

"By the gods, what manner of creature was that!?" Soter blurts aloud, somewhat directed towards Rhynos...

dorgin_malgard

First Post
Wasteland Knight said:
Soter's eyes go wide at the appearance of the Kaeruniban.

"By the gods, what manner of creature was that!?" Soter blurts aloud, somewhat directed towards Rhynos...

"That was a Son of Law... mech-man... a Kaeruniban... we must make haste, it seems the battle is nigh upon us."

Remove ads