Norum da Salaex: The Blade of Phoee

hobbit_killer

First Post
Rhynos

"It seems the thing did not percieve us as a threat. Let us move while this still remains so."

Rhynos scampers up the ladder as quickly as he can.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Cassock - "I follow no man except my father and we both follow the power of Cael. And Rhynos incase your wondering my power has returned."

Funeris

First Post
GOOD GODS...I just got home from work--so if my grammar sucks, forgive...the vertical shaft is only 5' wide--you'll be climbing it one at a time. Thankfully (for you guys..not me) no one said anything about rummaging for armor.

First thing first--Yeti was working all day to put the pieces together. One piece you're (my original players--the rest of you might not understand completely) missing is Zayda's vision. I remember Shannon briefly explaining it...so now I'm going to post her vision. I'm going to spoiler box it...

[Sblock]
Summons: Zayda Silverbough

As you were sitting calmly at the banquet table in Llewllyn Manor eating a hearty breakfast, a surge of energy tears through your body. It feels like a cold chill that rapidly warms into a hot flash. You can feel the energy vibrating within your form and surging outward.

Your vision blurs; pristine lines and edges of reality becoming fuzzy. Colors swirl and dance in front of your eyes, spinning and contorting into unfathomable forms. A bout of Vertigo attacks your mind, a parasite feeding upon your reality.

You hear a metallic ringing in your ears and recognize the sound of your utensil hitting the floor. The reverberating metal leads you into the silence of unconsciousness.

When you open your eyes, you find yourself in an empty room. There is no light; shadows slowly form into solid high arching walls as your eyes adapt. You realize, through touch, you're on a dirt floor. The walls are smooth only through toil; they seem to be carved out of granite. The room is roughly circular in shape.

Suddenly a bright light pierces the ceiling; a cold blue light falling into the darkness around you, like a halo. A worn, hemp rope falls from the same hole as the light. And two seconds after that, a form scuttles down the rope. Once upon the floor, it turns toward you and steps back one pace, to allow you to see its face.

Standing before you is an ancient man, withered and hunched over with years. A silver beard sprouts from his chin and flows down past his chest and nearly to his knees. Two crystal clear blue orbs glare out of his eye sockets at you. A broad grin reflects much of the soft blue light from the ceiling back toward you.

A wreath of mistletoe encircles his bald head as he leans back out of the light. You recognize it as the mark of a druid. More interestingly, his description matches that of the druid you were sent to find by the elders of Stone Tree.

You hear brief chanting obviously the incantation of a spell and light floods the room. Little flickering balls of flame hover above six stone pedestals around the circular room. Strange writing and symbols are carved into the stone wall you can now see with dim lighting. The druid just measures you up with his eyes and as you attempt to speak he motions for your silence.

Then he recites:

"You may not find me above,
For I have gone below.
The branches wither
When the roots won't grow."

"There is not enough water
For the rain and the skies.
When the darkness comes
The last Phoee'un <1> dies."

"One year after that last day
All the bonds shall be broke
Forest and cities
Devoured by smoke."

"Two questions you may now ask;
The answers I may tell.
Ask quickly my dear
'for the world becomes hell."

Finishing the unexpected poem, the druid leans back to wait for your
questions.

1: Are you the last Phoee'un?

"The last Phoee'un,
The greatest in power,
Their name will not be known
Until that fateful hour."

2: How long do we have before the world ends?

"Guess I wasn't clear,
In verse two or three.
Let's clear this confusion
So you will finally see."

"Cold Winter's approach
Brings final darkness.
At the end of this year
All people will feel distress."

"Suffer one year more
Of pain and hunger
To watch the world die
And the Dark God will conquer."

The old man grins as a sudden bout of vertigo slams into your mind. You feel lightheaded as you blink. Once your eyes re-open, you find yourself back at the banquet room of Llewyllyn Manor. Anastrianna is beside you, holding her own head as though she too experienced a vision. You begin to say something when the doors are kicked open.

In storms Lady Llewyllyn (the younger) and she is positively pissed. The doors swing shut behind her and she glares at the both of you.

"I should've known better than to allow your kind unfettered access to my estate. Your male companions have trespassed upon one of my private rooms. Now, you will all have to pay a hefty price." She marches over and grabs your arm (Anastrianna's too). And easily jerks the two of you into the air and to your feet. Before you realize what's happening, she's dragging you both p the staircase toward the Library.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
<1> Phoee'un is the actual name of druids in Norum da Salaex. Phoee is the name of the mother of all the other gods. She is credited with all of creation. The suffix 'un means "child of". So, Phoee'un means: child of Phoee a.k.a. the druids.

[/Sblock]

The old man in there was the druid Zayda (and Mialee) were searching for and could not find before they headed south in search of Orange Leaf...and remember this vision occured immediately after the infamous wish debacle.

Okay...next post, I'll get to the topic at hand

Funeris

First Post
So....Marching Order is:

Cassock, Soter, Rhynos, Gregor, Ana

Correct?

It's only proper for Ana to head up the rear--with a bow and being the rogue of the group...Cat's cool with that

Last edited:

dorgin_malgard

First Post
Funeris said:
So....Marching Order is:

Cassock, Soter, Rhynos, Gregor, Ana

Correct?

It's only proper for Ana to head up the rear--with a bow and being the rogue of the group...Cat's cool with that

Looks good to me

Funeris

First Post
Okay...onward and upward...(so to speak)

The band of you burst forth from the vertical shaft--into the midday sun. Cassock climbs to his feet and stands perfectly still, absorbing the carnage. Everyone follows suit--only Rhynos varies the trend a bit by unconsciously flinching away from the light. Quickly, his eyes are locked upon the scene around you as well.

Dozens of bodies--humanoid--Caeliban--lie bloodied upon the earth. The vivid hues of their hair and eyes rapidly fade. Their bodies collapse into light dust spread to nothing in the sweeping, coastal breeze. Mixed in among the bodies of the Caeliban lie nearly as many of the iron folk--the Kaeruniban. No blood mars their bodies--nor does their metal skin turn to ash and blow away. Despite the jagged wounds and dents, their bodies hold a kind of perfection even in the endless slumber of death.

The portal--or whatever it was--lie shattered, broken. The gemstones set within the carved runes are gone--sparkling dust just lying futilely upon the earth. A smouldering fire silently dies upon the platform the portal once rested upon.

An explosion to the north jars your attentions. Slowly, heads turn to absorb the new sight. The sounds of battle waft toward you--a running battle. Light flares occasionally from the violently moving metal men. But the amazing sight is above the land--in the air. A gigantic sailing ship is drifting mid-air, surrounded by a swirling ring of crimson fire.

A bolt of flame arcs downward from the ship's deck, followed closely by an arc of electricity and the same rolling boom--thunder. The ship is a distance off--but you can all see the back of the ship unhinge...lifting into the air--a great doorway.

A ray of light flashes as something--gigantic--at least twenty feet tall--leaps from the back of the ship and into the five hundred empty feet seperating the wooden vessel from the ground. IT vanishes...reappearing nearly instantaneously over the battle and slams into the ground. The sound of smashed bones echoes through the air to your position.

"Oh...sh*t," mutter Soter and Ana in unison.

Last edited:

Remove ads