• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Not convinced yet... but

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
This is true. I'm convinced the OP is just trolling the site. Creates a thread about how wizards suck, then never replies to that thread and created another one with the exact same thing.

Don't feed the troll folks.

But, if I ignore someone who's wrong on the internet, the trolls win. How can you let the trolls win?!

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Whatever, man.

One of my friends (at my suggestion) rolled a beefy Dwarven Wizard to take on The Rise of Tiamat to partner with his gf's (brand new D&D player) Druid. He had a high Con score and medium armor and he was in melee at least half the time, hackin' and whackin' and smackin' with his Battleaxe held in two hands.

They were the only two of the original six to survive the first big Town encounter.

Wizards can be whatever they want, you just have to build for them. ;)

Dausuul

Legend
Not sure how you can get 20 str on a level one Human at all however.
You can do it if you're playing a variant human with rolled stats:

1) Roll a natural 18 and put it in Strength.
2) Put one of your human ability score bonuses in Strength, raising it to 19.
3) Use your bonus feat for (e.g.) Tavern Brawler, which gives you a +1 bonus to Strength, raising it to 20.

However, if you're using your bonus feat for Tavern Brawler, you aren't using it for Dual Wielder. And the chance of getting an 18 when rolling for stats is less than 10% anyhow.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
You can do it if you're playing a variant human with rolled stats:

1) Roll a natural 18 and put it in Strength.
2) Put one of your human ability score bonuses in Strength, raising it to 19.
3) Use your bonus feat for (e.g.) Tavern Brawler, which gives you a +1 bonus to Strength, raising it to 20.

However, if you're using your bonus feat for Tavern Brawler, you aren't using it for Dual Wielder. And the chance of getting an 18 when rolling for stats is less than 10% anyhow.

Ah duh. You are right. My mind was clouded due to him having the Dual wielder feat to have two 1d8 weapons.

On a side note, 5e is really beginning to change my mind about rolled stats. I used to only want to do it that way, but now, with how the system seems to be build around point buy and array... I may just change how I do things at my home table and never look back.

Remove ads