[Not Suitable For Work] Build a Tiny Race

Emberion

First Post
This is quite a challenge. I faced a similar tribulation when designing the kval. The trick is making a tiny race without a whole new set of tiny weapons..which is too 3rd Edition-esque.

Almacov

First Post
What if you just justified a way to give them a 2 damage bonus for each die of damage in an attack with the Weapon keyword, EP? That effectively fixes the discrepancy in most cases, doesn't it?
If you wanted to have their damage more on-par with small creatures, make it 1 extra damage per die.

Kingreaper

Adventurer
Maybe make it a racial trait: Pinpoint Precision

They slice at the veins and arteries of larger races, and they hit their mark better than any unweildy "medium" creature could.
Would add say 1d4 or 1d3 per [w] in an attack.

EP

First Post
Maybe make it a racial trait: Pinpoint Precision

They slice at the veins and arteries of larger races, and they hit their mark better than any unweildy "medium" creature could.
Would add say 1d4 or 1d3 per [w] in an attack.

All good ideas and would be the simplest way to handle it (as I agree with not going 3.5 and drafting up a huge number of weapons). Another idea I was thinking was to have a racial trait granting additional psychic, lightning, or other types of damage as chosen by the player. Similar to dragonborn's breath, but an energy channeled through their bodies into their weapons.

I'd like to save damage and combat for a later stage as the previous steps can have an effect on combat design. Once we figure out how they move, make contact with their targets, and how to have them occupying space in combat without tweaking the rules terribly. If we determine that range attacks are the only way to go (just saying as an example), that will have a huge effect on damage output. But we'll definitely refer to these ideas when the time comes.

chronoplasm

First Post
Pocket Pal
You may treat medium sized allies as mounts. You may treat backpacks as saddles.

Let's Go! Racial Power
Encounter. Weapon
Standard-Action
Effect: The mounted creature charges and attacks. The attack gains a bonus equal to your Charisma modifier. If it hits, you can make a basic melee attack against the target. This attack has Reach 1.

EP

First Post
Huh, so having leader style powers to allow the tiny character to fight alongside his comrades. Interesting. This does follow the 4e party dynamic and includes the tiny character as a fierce adventurer climbing on top of the others and following through with additional attacks. It would also tackle the reach issue for attacks but we'd then have to look at what benefits a tiny character gains from being on the back of an opponent.

Now I'm suddenly picturing a tiny character climbing on the back of a target and attacking other targets from there, using the mounted target as a shield to confuse others.

Good work.

Last edited:

EP

First Post
Never played that one, but reading up on it could be something like that I guess. Hmm, perhaps that one's avaiable as WiiWare...

EP

First Post
Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

LMAO

Geez, I wasn't sure what you were talking about and did a search. Came up with an old Nintendo game and it had a description where you had a frog with you that sounded like something on your shoulder while you...

Wow, way off there. I've got it now. Yeah, something like that.

(Note to self, never use the internet for cultural references again.)

Remove ads