Not With a Bang OOC

Tanstaafl

First Post
LazarusLong42 said:

Tanstaafl (Nylarra): You do realize the MW arrows cost 7 gp apiece, right? Which means 20 would cost 140 gp... which is more than you've already spent, if you still have 101 in gold left.

Sorry, I had read the price as 7gp for 20 MW arrows, I'll fix that and get the rest of her gear posted this afternoon.

Manzanita

First Post
Great. I'd like to play a half-elven Ranger. I'd been waiting for 3.5 to become official to play one. Can you give me any more info on Elves? Could she have grown up w/elves? If not, would she still get Elven as a language? Let me read the other players backgrounds a bit more before I post the details.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Elves in this part of the world are a pretty reclusive bunch, sticking to their home in the Nomatassei. Only diplomats and the like are commonly seen outside the forest, and even then "common" is probably the wrong word. They also don't tolerate half-breeds well--she would not, likely, have grown up with Elves. Also, her father is most likely to be the Elven side of the family--you may determine whether it was a... well, consensual situation or not.

I'll give her Elven as an automatic language. She doesn't get the Negotiator feat for free (you'll note half-elves in 3.5 get a +2 to Diplomacy and Gather Info); instead, pick any extra feat you wish (you may, of course, *take* Negotiator), and take the human skill point bonus. Both the bonus feat and skills come from growing up mostly around humans.

Well it looks like I am late in comming to the party when it comes to backgrounds so now that I am all caught up on yours I will go add mine to the RG thread. I am Hallis Hill for my home being that I wanted to be from a small dwarven town so if we can work it out that Bellows and Nojin knew eachother back home that would be great. Or you can tell me to stay the hell out of your city and I will choose my own. Sadly I am thinking that our relationship would likly have been bully vs nerd and I bet you can guess the roles. Might be fun to RP the interactions with me teasing you good naturedly and all. Tell me what you think.

Manzanita

First Post
I'm working up my half elf. I can't seem to find starting gold for Rangers in 3.5. Should I assume its the same as for 3.0? I can't seem to get your maps to come through either, though other people don't seem to be having that problem, so Its probably something I'll have to figure out.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Toric: You've taken ranks in a number of CC skills (Bluff, Disguise, Hide), which means you've used 18 skill points instead of 12. Did you mean to take one rank in each of those skills, using two skill points each? (I'm betting that's what you meant, because it adds up right ;))

Remove ads