Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"I've been up for hours, and I've put in a day's work," says Keldar. "I went to Juliana Hayes' place and helped her make my new bow. Four hundred crowns! I paid Tarag a visit too. Now we just need Rapture and we can be on our way."

OOC: we had a night's sleep, so I guess so (Keldar's been approved for level 3 for a while). Anyway, nothing bad is going to happen to us between now and the end of Aether. :uhoh:
Boo! No skipping level 3! You have to kill something fair and square before you're allowed level 4. And uh... I have a plan for Keldar that is quite unwise and will make level 5 a chore. So now at least he has ranged combat to fall back on.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Keldar.

Human Paragon?

Yeah, if Keldar's a paragon of humanity, Galwynn's changing races to something more respectable. Like gnome.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Where's she got to?" asks Keldar. "She doesn't need beauty sleep." He paces around the square. "What were your ideas that clicked, Tommy?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar is on his fourth circuit when someone shrieks his name. "Keldar, Keldar Warbray! I cannot believe you've been back for weeks and haven't come to see me!"

A halfling woman, young, and very tall for her race, but rather plump and motherly, comes running across the square. Keldar drops to his knees and holds his arms out. She smiles, moves in close, then starts punching him in the head.

Keldar leaps up, dodges and does his best to hold her off. "Didn't hurt," he says, laughing.

"You pile of goblin dung! You, you - " Words fail her, so she kicks him in the shins. After several successful hits, she relents.

"I can't believe it took you this long," Keldar says, sitting down and rubbing his legs ruefully. "How did you find out?" She pulls a book from her sleeve. "This, you idiot," she says. "Oh, er, ha!" Keldar says, somewhat nervously. "Put that away. Anyway, it's been out for weeks."

"I’ve been busy. You must have heard the rumours that are openly sweeping the city now. Dark news."

"Er. Yes, yes, of course. In fact, we were just about to do something about that," says Keldar, who hasn't. She raises an eyebrow. "We?"

"Oh… er… these gentlemen. Tommy, Galwynn, this is an old friend of mine, Rollfar Lightpurse. You might have heard me mention her name. Rollfar, may I introduce Atomerasu Worthallingham? He's a wizard, an associate of both Rilithorne and Thyrin of Grenton. And this is Galwynn Grimslade, who's a paladin, high in the favour of Halina. I know, it's hard to credit…. Anyway, I've been leading a team of five in dangerous rescue work for reward money. There's also Tarag, who's not here at the moment. You'll have heard of him – he owns the smithy down that way. And, um, another paladin. She's not here right now, either."

"I've heard enough to know he still owes a lot on the shop. And… she?" Rollfar narrows her eyes suspiciously.

"Um, her name is Rapture. Listen, Rolli, she's off limits. No digging, all right?"

Rollfar tosses her head impatiently. "If you say so, Keldar. It is good to see you." Now she does hug him. "You're thinner. You should eat more. And so should your young wizard friend. Worthallingham, you say?"

"Yes," says Keldar. "Rolli, we're about to head off to Grenton for a few days. I promise I'll look you up when we get back."

"You'd better," the halfling replies. With a wave, she departs.

When Rapture arrives, Keldar and the others are over-eager to head out.

OOC: just establishing the fact of Rollfar Lightpurse's existence, should Keldar take Leadership at 6th level. Also, bored.
Edit: and adding a paragraph just for continuity.

Last edited:

Remove ads