Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Certainly not," says Keldar loftily. "Galwynn wants to show Grenton considerable largesse, so he's buying the drinks. It's a relief you've decided to stay at the inn after all. With Tarag not here, Galwynn might have expected to share a room with me. I bet he snores."

Wik

First Post
"My largesse is not going towards buying drinks, thief. Technically, that's still a vice. Though if it knocks you out, or at least keeps you quiet, I'd consider it a blessing. And I doubt we'll be sharing a room, either - I don't often sleep in jail cells."

Trouvere

Explorer
"So when you do, you want it to be extra special! I'm not sure I understand the attraction, Galwynn, but I'm certainly not going to judge you, and Tommy and I won't get in the way of your, er, big night out."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Galwynn and Keldar get these tidbits about Thyrin from the folk of Grenton:

"Thyrin's a crazy old coot!"

"Bugs me, we're bein' overtook by gobbos an' that crazy guy don' barely e'en notice. If'n 'e's so scared o' folk breakin' in, ye think 'e'd know what was goin' on 'round 'is tower, but seems 'is sight reaches the edge o' 'is li'l grove an' that's it."

"He doesn't come out of his tower much. Ever, actually. He gets shipments every once and a while, but that's all we see or hear of him. Except when something goes wrong and the tower explodes, like it did a few days back."

On strange travelers, you hear this:

"Not too many people come through here. Thyrin's supplies come about twice a year, that's it."

"Aside from the kobolds, we don't see too many foreigners out here. We did have that awful Eskaron situation that a huge band of adventurers solved, but that was quite an exception, and not one I'd like to repeat."

"Recently, you guys. That's it. And the other Orussian adventurers. Well, the kobolds too, but they're a bit like family now, strange as it seems."

[sblock=Galwynn: ]The priest is not very helpful, but he's certainly grateful for Galwynn's attention to Grenton. He can't recall any travelers coming through at all for the past while.[/sblock]

[sblock=Keldar: ]The innkeeper almost immediately tells you of a pair of dirty travelers who came by late at night, just a few weeks ago. They slept all day, and then left at night again, but not after stocking up on dried food. She thought it was weird, but they paid full price and were polite enough, so she has no complaints. They never came back.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
When the group meets up again, Keldar relays the innkeeper's recollection of two scruffy nocturnal travellers. "They arrived after nightfall a couple of weeks ago, slept the whole day, and left the following night. Could be nothing, but it's a strange way to travel, unless you can see in the dark. Oh, and perhaps it's just my imagination, but I think she gave me a strange look when I mentioned the road from Orussus to Allimon." Keldar shrugs.

Wik

First Post
OOC: I'd be down with that.

Galwynn nods his head, not surprised that Keldar did a better job rounding information. That still doesn't make him pleased to hear it, though.

"Maybe we could head where they came from, and ask some questions at the little hamlets we come across in that direction. The other option would be to pay some priest or another for some divine... guidance. And that gets costly, fast."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Head where, now?" asks Keldar. "I didn't ask that. I didn't think she'd know which direction they came from. They don't seem to have talked to anyone, but perhaps someone saw them arrive in the dark. They probably came straight from Orussus, but we could head out west and south and ask around.* We might get lucky. Don't you get divine guidance when you need it, though? Are you sure you're praying enough? I could take over the duties if it's not working out for you."

OOC: *geographical reality revision pending!

Solange

First Post
Boddynock said:
OOC: Hi, folks! I'm back on deck. How would you like to have Tarag rejoin the group?
OOC: Welcome back, and yes :) I'm back too.

"Wouldn't following the way they went be more fruitful?" Rapture asks.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar looks confused and troubled. "Not if these men were Thyrin's burglars. They went up in smoke at the top of the tower. If they're not the burglars, then we don't care where they went."

Remove ads