Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Solange

First Post
"The idea was to rest, right Keldar? The two of us would end up up all night. I don't think you're hearty enough to handle that." Rapture says.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn rolls his eyes. "why don't the two of you find a few rooms at an inn? We'll take three hour watches right here - me, Rapture, and the thief. Let the other two spend the whole night doing what spellcasters do.

I don't know who wants to take first watch... I'll take second, as it's my duty."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Until tomorrow, Cassandra," says Keldar. "May I say that under your current situation of high tension, you have conducted yourself most positively." He looks about for any sheltered spot a few dozen yards away. "Rapture, will you help me collect a small amount of firewood? Even on a summer's night, one can find one's bed cold."

Solange

First Post
"Of course Keldar," Rapture replies. "I can take the final watch. It will give me a chance to watch the sun rise. I've always loved that. It reminds me I'm alive and free."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar and Rapture pick up armfuls of scattered branches, and quickly light a small fire with flint and steel. "I'll watch over you as it grows dark," Keldar says. He sits with his back to the fire, as the others prepare to sleep. When everyone has settled, the silence is broken by his soft recitation.

T he day is old; by sunset’s light
H ave we our camp site set
E re the fall of empty night
L eaves us by fears beset.
A lthough the warmth of kindled fire
D enies the night time’s chill,
Y et have we all the same desire:
R est, shelter, to lie still
A gainst the forest’s tender ground,
P ine-needles for our bed,
T he gentle breeze the only sound,
U ntil sleep o’ertakes each head.