Nyrfherdr's Mini Thread - Inspired by Pogre (NEW 3/1/07 - AFTER A YEAR!)

nyrfherdr

First Post
I've gotten a few more sculpts done.

Here is a Half-fiend/Dwarf that will end up in a game in the not too distant future.

Take a look:

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

D'karr

Adventurer
nyrfherdr said:
I've gotten a few more sculpts done.

Here is a Half-fiend/Dwarf that will end up in a game in the not too distant future.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

WOW!!! Your sculpts always impress. Very cool. I like how you got the Cloven Hoof to work on this one.

The eyes are huge is that to simulate Bulging Eyes?

Very cool.

Have you seen Gael Gaumont's (sp) tutorial on sculpting wings? It looks like you used a very similar technique but with alternate materials.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks for the kind words Pogre and D'Karr.
I've seen a couple of wing tutorials.

Here's what I did:

1. Made armatures out of wire.
A. 1 Wire for each main wing line (that would connect to the shoulder of the dwarf)
B. Wires to support the wing flaps mounted to the main wing line at the joint.

2. Glued fabric (my wife is a fabric artist) with a very fine weave to the armature.

3. Spread glue onto the fabric of the wing fold. pressed into shape and allowed to dry.

4. Trimmed wings

5. Used green stuff to make bones and shaped the length of the main wing line.

D'Karr: on the eyes. They are actually quite sunken vs. bulging. It doesn't show up in the photo. I was going for empty sockets. We'll see how they turn out when I paint him.
Just some more ramblings of the nyrfherdr
Game ON!

Last edited:

nyrfherdr

First Post
Just to keep everyone on their toes, I also finished a servitor robot for a wizard. I sculpted it along with another servitor and a wizard (with a mechanical arm) as part of the ENWorld Sculpting project.

This particular servitor would have been very difficult to cast, so I didn't submit it.
Enjoy:

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Last edited:

nyrfherdr

First Post
Hey there all you mini fans.
Now for something completely different. I was inspired to try creating a hag. I really liked the Confrontation Undead mini that had squidlike legs, so I tried something similar.

What I ended up with was a tentacled legged, tentacled armed, overcoat wearing woman. I like it mostly because it's quirky, vs. good.

Enjoy:

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

nyrfherdr

First Post
Hey everyone, I'm just back from a grueling road trip and then a couple of days at GenCon SoCal. I ran a couple of Iron Kingdoms RPG events and had a blast. One of the mini's I used was the Dire Troll I finished awhile back. Here's a photo of the bad boy. He's not as good as the one Privateer Press will be releasing next year, but he's all mine.

Dire Troll (Painted original sculpt based on inspirations from the Monsternomicon)

Enjoy.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Very cool. Good scuplt that very true to concept given in the Monsternomicon, and not a half bad paint job to boot!

Get anything really cool at GCSC?

Remove ads