Nyrfherdr's Mini Thread - Inspired by Pogre (NEW 3/1/07 - AFTER A YEAR!)

nyrfherdr

First Post
It appears the mechanika and steamworks need mechanik's and steamheads.
In the Iron Kingdoms, Gobbers are apparently very good at it.

I'm working on a diorama and I hope that this guy will be a good addition to it

Gobber steam mech:

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

nyrfherdr

First Post
Thanks Pogre. I appreciate the kind feedback.

Here is the latest completed sculpt.
I call her 'The Red Queen'. I'm painting her up now. I hope to post the completed mini over the holidays.

Two views:

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
Wow Nyrf - It seems like you can really crank these beautiful minis out. How long does it take for you to make something like this? The face on her is super impressive.

nyrfherdr

First Post
Frank: The Red Queen is an evil dwarven priestess actually. You got the theme though, right off. That does my heart good.

Pogre: You are always very generous with your praise. Thanks again.

As to the question of how long. I, like most people that work with Green stuff, work on several mini's at a time. I don't use a 'curing oven' so it takes a day for a particular part of the mini to cure.
One of my standard humanoid mini's is probably seven or eight steps so a little over a week of elapsed time. (sometimes many days will pass between steps though, it depends on my schedule)
Each step runs between 30 and 45 minutes. (sometimes longer)
That puts the effort at about 4-5 hours per mini.

The big trollkin probably took 3 times as long, maybe longer because of the many more steps required for such a large figure.
The mech/wizard that I used in the ENWorld sculpting project was probably about 4 hours of pure sculpting.

Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

pogre

Legend
nyrfherdr said:
That puts the effort at about 4-5 hours per mini.

You know what? That's very fast! There is no way I could model at anywhere close to that speed. Heck it takes me a half hour to prep some of the dang pewter models I get out of the blister with no assembly!

nyrfherdr

First Post
It really hasn't been as long as it looks since I posted. I lost a bunch of stuff when the server went down last year. It's still been many moons.

I still paint and sculpt minis. Here are a couple to enjoy as I get re-energized to post my work:

A sculpted stump and crow (all painted up):

Some flying robots sculpted and painted up:

A jedi sculpted (unpainted):

Game ON!

Last edited:

Remove ads