• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obama in Columbus

InzeladunMaster

First Post
I really liked the space program question. I don't think he was expecting that question.

As for the stupid (and obvious) questions (of which there were a lot), I think some people raised their hands with "questions" when they truly just wanted a chance to say they spoke directly to someone famous.

thormagni

Explorer
Grimhelm said:
He looked tired. I was embarrassed by some of my fellow Columbus natives though. Stupid questions. People are idiots.

I can only really recall one stupid question. And that was a middle school kid, so I am giving some slack there. Compared to the kind of questions we could have expected from certain Columbus elements, I think we acquitted ourselves pretty well.

I also heard very little in his speech that I disagreed with. I'm a little more to the left of him on certain issues, but compared to the offering from the other party, it is like night and day.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
thormagni said:
I also heard very little in his speech that I disagreed with. I'm a little more to the left of him on certain issues, but compared to the offering from the other party, it is like night and day.

I found out my Dad was there also. He was undecided between McCain and Obama until he heard Obama speak. He won my Dad over.

Grimhelm

First Post
I did not have the fortune to see him live, but I watched the video feed as he was speaking live. Anyway, I relate to him very much, and seeing him in this way sort of reminded me of myself in some ways. (Not to be presumptuous.) I feel that he is a pragmatist. My question for him would have been: All right, you acknowledge that the presidency is powerless to change the country without the unfaltering support of the citizenry, so how do you intend to motivate the citizens of America to participate in government on a daily or even weekly basis to affect change?

As for the stupids, the other one was the guy who had the idiot/gall to proclaim that he thought Obama should smile more. What a thing to say! What presumptuous arrogance! Just get to the question and don't try to put yourself on some friendly conversational tone with a man whom you don't know. It was rude and arrogant and stupid. If you want to hear how I really feel sometime, I'll let you know... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads