• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obvious Truths Go Here

TheSword

Legend
In-person play is vastly superior to online or remote play.
Absolutely not. Neither obvious nor true.

• You get vastly more done in an online game with the beer and pretzels getting in the way.
  • Technology enhances the experience (I have a mod for Foundry that enlarges beautiful pictures of my NPCs when a player hovers over their token. Another that creates a HUD for common NPC actions, vastly speeding up combat. It also calculates all the maths for me)
  • It’s more comfortable because you can do it without putting trousers on.
  • You can make a cup of tea or without missing things.
  • It’s cheaper as I can share my compendiums with players, don’t need to buy expensive miniatures and can get beautiful maps without paying for printing.
  • It’s also better for my mental health because my face to face game requires a 3 hour drive (5 hour train journey) through M25 rush hour traffic on Friday afternoon. Leaving me more than a little frazzled when I get there.

Did I mention not having to wear trousers?

TheSword

Legend
You spend 20% of your time doing things that will be create 80% of your benefit and waste 80% of your time on things that will only benefit you 20%

Remove ads