D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I hate to pour salt on that roll but I think while wearing Plate you are at a Disadvantage with Stealth rolls :(

But it will be hard to beat a 5 so no need to re-roll. I was thinking on making a Group Check anyway. So Levanna and Kelvyn can make Stealth checks and we will take the "average" for your group.

Actually, I forgot to update my skills I guess. Way back when we asked for magic items at the beginning, one of mine was Mithril Full Plate, so I don't have Disadvantage on Stealth. I knew it was a stealthy mission, so I specifically asked for that :)

Sorry about the mix-up! I know on my skill list it still said DA. Apologies. I've edited that now.

ETA: Wow...I didn't realize how sucky that stealth roll was! LOL That's what no Dex will get you!

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
OK the only thing I think that still needs debating is what to do with the horse and one pack mule. There does appear to be a choral on the other side of the city with figures (maybe guards) standing around it. Or if you wanted, the ranger could try and use Wisdom (Survival) to find a place out here where you could hide them. The only problem with that is that there are orc (and other humanoid) patrols (or maybe just bands wandering about) around the city. They could stumble onto any hide out that you might have...

GreenKarl

First Post
So still not sure what you want to do with the horses. You could just leave them here to scout out the city during the day and they should be fairly safe (most of the town's inhabitants are night creatures)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
I'm comfortable either leaving the horses or moving around to the stables. Naeris will stay with Quellathe. Note that I'm having trouble with Enworld tonight, so others may be too.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Given GreenKarl's description of Naeris' discomfort with the city, I'm not sure if I should keep her with me, have her wait in the gulley, or guard the horses in the house we found. Suggestions?

GreenKarl

First Post
If you want to make a Wisdom (Survival) check out in the hills around town, you can make a roll - DC 10 gets you a place you can hold the horses but you are not sure it is secure or that well hidden, DC 15 gets you one that will be hard for the patrols, and a DC 20 you feel pretty confident that it will remain hidden except by determined searchers...

Remove ads