• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Occult Lore by Atlas Games

Psychotic Jim

First Post
An elementalist is an arcane spell-user with a spell-book like a wizard. The spell-list is different than a wizard, but casting spells pretty much works the same. You have to choose a particulary elemtent to specialize in and this determinse some of the special abilitities you gain later on according to your element. Different elements have different spell-lists and skills.

Azure Trance

First Post
Its also a full character core class of 20 levels. I'm not sure how it differs from Elemental Savant PrC from Tome & Blood though as I don't have either books with me, but both end up as you transforming into an outsider (or elemental subtype). Gamewise ... I think the Occult Lore might be better IIRC since as it levels it gets better bonuses to save DCs, although it's offset by an equally lowering amount of penalties to DCs of spells from opposite elements.

TroyXavier

First Post
It's a great class. I had been looking for a replacement for the Elementalist class from 2nd edition, and this does a great job of it.
You get things such as a familiar, better saves against your element, worse saves vs others. The spell lists are quite complete too.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
ANy details or overviews on how the elemental magic works (what elements, how they work together, etc...)?

Azure Trance

First Post
Shoot me if I'm wrong but IIRC it's only the standard 4 elements. Magic works as a wizard would. Half way through the class I just remembered (10th level perhaps) you gain a template to show how you 'evolved'. Partial elemental or something.

Elton Robb

Explorer
Shoot me if I'm wrong but IIRC it's only the standard 4 elements. Magic works as a wizard would. Half way through the class I just remembered (10th level perhaps) you gain a template to show how you 'evolved'. Partial elemental or something.

*Threadomancy invoked*

Hi, I found this thread. I'm the one that wrote that section and looking back I had more fun writing the spells than the class. :) The spells are the fun of the system and can be adapted to any class you wish. At the moment, I'll be adapting them to the Dynamic Spellcasting system since I enjoyed that system so much.

:cool:

The spells are perfect for your Pathfinder Elemental Sorcerer, or a Wizard persuing an Elemental theme.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads