[October] What Are You Reading?

Merlion

First Post
I finished book 7 of the Dark Tower a bit ago, and I'm now about halfway into Our Lady of Darkness by Fritz Leiber.

Enjoying it quite a lot. The idea of cities having an eldritch life of their own is rather intriguing. Interestingly many of the themes in OLOD dovetail well with many of the themes in the late Dark Tower books (the overall idea that modern technological/rational/industrial society isnt all its cracked up to be and may in many ways be very much a mixed blessing).

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Finished off The Confusion and have headed right into The System of the World. It's a big commitment but I'm enjoying it throughly. My only complaint is the books get heavy and awkward to carry around with you for so long.

Ibram

First Post
Just finished "Traitor General"; the latest Gaunt's Ghosts book. A decent read, but it doesnt seem like the new story arch ("The Lost") is going to be as good as the previous one ("The Saint")

Krug

Newshound
Just finished Dragonslayer by William King, part of the Felix and Gotrek series. Not as enjoyable as Chaoslayer but enjoyable. In the middle of McSweeney's Thrilling Tales.

haiiro

First Post
Just finished re-reading Revelation Space, by Alastair Reynolds, so that I could tuck into its sequel: Redemption Ark. Revelation Space is one of the best sci-fi books I've ever read, and so far the sequel is living up to it. He packs a huge amount of great ideas into one book -- ideas which could easily be spun off into their own titles -- and does so without crowding things. Awesome stuff.

Next up is Terry Pratchett's Going Postal, which I probably won't start until November. He's one of my favorite authors, so I'm worried if I try to read Going Postal at the same time as Redemption Ark, I'll lose the thread. ;)

Remove ads