[October] What are you reading?

Richards

Legend
I'm reading The Road to Mars by Eric Idle (yes, that Eric Idle -- the Monty Python guy). It's part science fiction comedy thriller, and part dissertation on the workings of comedy.

Johnathan

delericho

Legend
I have abandoned my read-through of the AD&D hardbacks, having read the first few pages of "Unearthed Arcana". I decided that I wasn't ever going to run the game, and really wasn't all the interested in them in their own right.

I'm still reading through "War and Peace". Hit page 600 last night (out of 950 in my copy). In about fifty pages I'll be reaching the end of Volume Two, at which point I'm going to take a short break.

During said break, I'll be reading "The Empire of Silver" by Conn Iggulden.

In RPG books, I've just started on "Black Crusade". Next up will be the Pathfinder "Advanced Player's Guide" and "Gamemastery Guide", but I probably won't get to those until well into next month.

Croesus

Adventurer
Rereading Shogun by James Clavell.

Next up, I have the two Gamma World books on order at my local library. My group wants to try some Savage Worlds Gamma World and I need ideas for adventures.

Gronin

Explorer
I am just finishing a re-read of Summer Knight (Dresden) and am about to move on to Out of the Dark by David Weber.

Following that I will hopefully get a copy of The Tears of the Sun by S.M. Stirling and dive into that.

As far as non-fiction is concerned I am reading How the Scots Invented the Modern World by Arthur Herman (this is something I always suspected was the case). That will be followed up with John Keegan's A History of Warfare.

Agamon

Adventurer
Just finishing Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. And just finished A Dance of Dragons. Moving on to The Hunger Games and Mass Effect: Revelation

Shade

Monster Junkie
Just finished The Walking Dead Volume 14: No Way Out. Now I'm starting book 5 of the Malazan series, Midnight Tides.

Remove ads