OD&D 4 me (April Fools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Morrus said:
He didn't quit. He was politely asked to leave.

And, frankly, I've had just about enough of this. I'm tempted to just sign on the dotted line at which point it won't be my problem any more.

Man, please, don't do it.

I've been here for seven years, now. You've always been the guy in charge, since I've been around. You've brought this board through so much, like the massive server change in January of '02. It hasn't been easy, running this place, but you've stuck with it, and you've done a fantastic job doing it. There's a reason folks like me keep coming back.

I've seen the change in the boards, the past eight, nine months. It has gotten to be a bit of a rougher place. But I was here before that, and I know that this community is - for the most part - full of decent, helpful folk. I've seen more orange and red text in the past nine months than I think I've seen in the six years before that.

But there's a reason for all this, and I'm sure you recognize it: 4e's coming is polarizing the community. We've got a lot of people who are, for one reason or another, rather uptight about it. There are heated discussions that turn into flamewars, whereas before the participants may have backed off and simmered a bit before returning. That isn't happening now, because this is a massive change in our hobby. We're all a bit defensive; some of us handle that defensiveness better than others.

My point, Morrus, is that this place is hectic right now, yes. It may even get worse before it gets better. But at some point, those who are pro-4e and those who aren't moving to it will settle their differences, and we'll move on. It'll take awhile, but it'll happen. We just have to get through this rough period, and then it'll be smoother sailing.

So, please, don't give up. Not now. We need these boards now more than ever.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
hafrogman said:
I never liked the look of Piratecat. Shifty, you know?
What kind of respectable message board trusts pirates as admins? Maybe they're pandering to their audience...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Rel said:
Oh THAT is just :):):):)ing great!

Ok :):):):) it. I'm out of here.
News flash. People who whine, then stomp off in a huff with their toys? Not impressive. We have one fewer moderators, folks, and an early apology to the people I was going to GM for at the NC game day. After some of the conversation we've had today in the mod forum, I'm no longer comfortable at Rel's game day. I'm sorry.

Russ, I'm well aware that you're pissed. Just don't do anything stupid.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Morrus said:
This is clearly an Off Topic thread at this point. Off it goes!
Ha! It came to the Hive. The Hive Uprising has started. Soon we'll rule all!

Froggy! Where's that henchling when I need him.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Morrus said:
This is clearly an Off Topic thread at this point. Off it goes!
WOO HOO! It's arrived, it's arrived!

*ahem*

I claim this thread in the name of the off-topic gestalt. Welcome to the new home of the Hive. You will now all be added to the collective. Welcome to the Hivemind.

One of us!
One of us!

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Piratecat said:
News flash. People who whine, then stomp off in a huff with their toys? Not impressive. We have one fewer moderators, folks, and an early apology to the people I was going to GM for at the NC game day. After some of the conversation we've had today in the mod forum, I'm no longer comfortable at Rel's game day. I'm sorry.

Russ, I'm well aware that you're pissed. Just don't do anything stupid.

If this is real, then that's sad news. Piratecat is best GM ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads