Of Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths

Manzanita

First Post
Julian Hemlock aquatic elf shadowdancer

"Perhaps you should tell us more of this quest, Undinar. That might help us decide what ship to use. But if we're simply rescuing one woman, then the Gabrielle should suffice. The smaller and less obvious the craft the better. We don't need the crew to fight. That's our job."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well, it depends on what you're offering each captain. Interviewing them may be the easiest way. I'm not going with you, so I can't say with absolute certainty who would be the best for you," Obar points out.

silentspace

First Post
"That sounds like the best course of action then."

"Prince Undinar, since some of our new adventuring partners lack the ability to breathe underwater except for extended lengths of time, I will take my leave of you now to purchase a water breathing spell. I will need all day to purchase and scribe it into my spellbook, and will teleport back in the morning."

Invelion bows gracefully towards the group before teleporting out.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I will begin interviewing the captains immediately. Thank you Obar once again for your help and your information. It has been a pleasure and I am sure that I will return to see you soon. Invelion, we interview prospective captains and await your return. As soon as you are back we will hire the most appropriate captain. Good luck in your research." replies Undinar.

*Provided there are no more questions from the new recruits, Undinar leads them on a tour of the docks in search of the ships that Obar had mentioned, his first stop will be the Gabrielle as he agrees with Julian.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The group heads down to the docks, and with a bit of searching around, manages to find the slim and elegant Gabrielle. The crew of Calishites are just finishing a bit of unloading as you come up to the docks. The first mate hails you and asks your business. When Undinar reveals he has a proposition for the captain, you're soon ushered in his cabin. Captain Bolin is a man of mixed Chultan and Calishite descent, with dusky skin and short, wavy black hair. He's of wiry build, and wears bright garments of red and yellow. He has you sit at the table as wine is poured.

"Well now, I understand the Gabrielle caught your eye. What do you wish of her?" he asks in a musically-accented voice.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Your ship is quite nice, it looks fast. We are looking to charter a vessel bound for the Trackless Sea. It might be a bit out of your way as it looks like you put into port in Calimshan. Might you be heading anywhere near the Mother of Mists Isle?" replies Undinar, holding off on the question of price until he determines whether the Captain is even willing to head that way.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Thank you, she's one of the fastest in these waters. Now, Mother of Mists Isle, eh? Interesting. Not our usual routes, but for the right price, we may be willing. What kind of job do you need us for?" he says. His voice carries a hint of interest, though his face is neutral.

Manzanita

First Post
*Julian glances around at the ship. Unconsciously gathering information should he ever need to infiltrate this vestle. He's glad to leave the bartering to someone else. Someone with money.*

Erekose13

Explorer
"Transport only, to the isle. Not much else. We do not expect any trouble along the way. Speed is definitely something we are looking for." replies Undinar contemplating what type of payment this guy is going to accept.

Remove ads