Of Vile Darkness

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Rogue/Corruptor/Bondblade)

* Loviana’s lip twitches at Aaron's response but she after a quick nod she starts to speak while her small hands slowly and methodically remove the petals from the rose she had just plucked. *

“I’m not what I appear to be, the specifics at this point do not matter but needlessly to say I’m not that noble, I’ve done allot of vile things. Some of it against your own church but I mostly worked against all the churches that I don’t have faith in.”

“Something happened to me, I don’t know if it was Orshallan’s devotion to saving my soul, the simple fact that love is uncontrolled, or something else but there is no denying it I’m in love with him and he feels the same…” Her face takes on a pained expression, “or so he says… Now I don’t doubt him when he says he loves me but I don’t understand his inability to truly love me, like a man should love a woman.”

* Turning towards the Elder Priest Loviana’s face is a mask of worry. *

“I’ve never been rejected and I understand how my history would make him leery of such actions but it leaves me feeling like Orshallan is deep down repulsed by what I am, what I have done and only loves me cause I mimic his long lost love.”

Rybaer

First Post
Lord Torr Stormrider - human weretiger/rogue/fighter

*Once the questioning is over, Torr takes his leave to pack. While navigating the streets, he contemplates the potential battle to come. It is rare that he has the opportunity to fight someone on par with his own skills. That their foes will be goodie-goodie heroes only sweetens the deal. By the time he reaches his house, Torr is in remarkably good spirits.*

"Rosalyn, love," he calls out as he enters the house. "I need clothing and such packed for a short trip I must take. Pack enough for four days, mostly attire suitable for a lesser noble's residence and court."

*When Rosalyn questions his unexpected departure, Torr merely tells her that business matters have come up and that his trip will be as brief as possible...and that she will be staying behind to tend the house. Once packed, Torr decides to oblige the young lady (and himself) with a brief tumble in his bed. He leaves her a couple dozen gold coins "to buy something nice for herself", grabs up his bags, and returns to the Hydra's Glass.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Brother Shatterstone said:
* Loviana’s lip twitches at Aaron's response but she after a quick nod she starts to speak while her small hands slowly and methodically remove the petals from the rose she had just plucked. *

“I’m not what I appear to be, the specifics at this point do not matter but needlessly to say I’m not that noble, I’ve done allot of vile things. Some of it against your own church but I mostly worked against all the churches that I don’t have faith in.”

“Something happened to me, I don’t know if it was Orshallan’s devotion to saving my soul, the simple fact that love is uncontrolled, or something else but there is no denying it I’m in love with him and he feels the same…” Her face takes on a pained expression, “or so he says… Now I don’t doubt him when he says he loves me but I don’t understand his inability to truly love me, like a man should love a woman.”

* Turning towards the Elder Priest Loviana’s face is a mask of worry. *

“I’ve never been rejected and I understand how my history would make him leery of such actions but it leaves me feeling like Orshallan is deep down repulsed by what I am, what I have done and only loves me cause I mimic his long lost love.”
"My dear, your way of love has been your source of power for a very long time, and to be rejected by one you have discovered true affection for means a diminishing of your power, and in your heart, a diminishing of yourself. To stop using that power would be to become powerless, something that no one wishes. Orshallan didn't want you to use that power against him, not when he felt he could save your soul from darkness. He wants to help you, because he sees the strength in you could be put to as many good uses as there have been bad. Lydia was a lovely and kind girl, beautiful, sweet, and good. However, she was not very strong, and was somewhat overwhelmed by Orshallan's attentions. I feel they would have made very good friends, but as lovers or husband and wife, she would have been very lost.

"Orshallan sees your strength both of body and of will, as well as a strength of mind to contemplate change. In you he sees a wonderful, independent person, who was taken by the forces of darkness before she could see the light. Having shone his own light upon your soul, you are in conflict. He wants to help you end that conflict, to show you the beauty of the light, so that you may be stronger and happier because of it. And if in that learning you discover forgiveness and love for him, he will accept it gladly. If in that, you discover a distance from him he will accept it as well. And if you cannot bear the thought of light... he will not stop the darkness from fleeing, at least for now."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana voice and eyes flash with anger and frustration at the elder priest’s words, “I offer love without compromise or constraints cause I love Orshallan for whom he is and what does he offer in return? Love, but only if I give up all that I know… That’s not true love, that’s not the “love crosses all boundaries” he spoke of before I bared myself to him, it’s blackmail. Give up who you are and I will love you? Does he really believe his faith is more important that mine? Does he plan on making any sacrifices in the name of love or should I be the only one that bares that too?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"My dear, it would be for the best. He holds love for you, but it is shadowed by your past deeds. Orshallan is held to a higher standard, he is responsible to Heironeous. If he were to sacrifice his faith for love, he would be turning his back on his entire congregation, as well as undermining the faith of many others. He risks a great deal by loving you, and he is as frightened to let go as you are, my dear," the old priest says gently.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“I honestly would hope that true love would be worth that risk of upsetting a congregation, and making a few weak willed followers fret over there faith. If Orshallan ran off with me would you lose your faith, Elder?”

“I think not, I’m putting far more on the line here, Loviatar thinks poorly of those that fail her in actions and faith and at least Orshallan can say he’s being loyal to his heart. Heironeous isn’t going to plot his revenge nor is he going to plot how he will kill him… We both know what this means for me… Yet her I am, waiting for his love and devotion, willing to make any sacrifice if he would only show that he truly loves me… Yet here a sit, with nearly no hope of such a sign.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Go speak with him, my dear, he has had time to think and ponder this as well. You might find him in a clearer state of mind this afternoon. Do not languish for a sign, go and seize it! My faith is too firm to be shaken by the hearts of young lovers," he says with a strange smile.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Rosalyn looks rather startled, but also dreamily happy at your attentions, and packs well for you. She stammers her thanks at the coins as you leave for the Hydra's Glass. The rest can pack and return, to find the colorless Ghost, and the green-and-steel arrayed Ssessarina waiting for you.*

"I hope none of you suffer from travel sickness" Ghost whispers, as with a single hard glance, the world dissolves around you. There's a sensation of vertigo, of falling and flying, spinning through darkness and light, before you find yourself on solid ground again. You are now standing in what appears to be the vestibule of a stately manor. A thin, cadaverous-looking man in dark blue robes stands in front of the doorway, and guards ring the walls of this small chamber. However, it's abundantly clear the guards are undead, being little more than skeletons in armor.

"Welcome, honored guests. If you will follow me," he says sonorously, and sweeps out of the chamber. Up a set of lushly-carpeted stairs, with skeletal guards lining all the walls like strange ornaments, he leads you to a plush sitting room with eight doors off of it, and ninth archway leading into an elaborate bath. "You may each choose one of these rooms, and freshen up. Your audiance with the Baroness will be within the hour."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

“Thank you for your time, is there anything I need to tell his High Righteous for you, Elder?”

* With a simple nod of gratitude towards the Elder Priest Loviana turns and leaves the garden heading for Orshallan’s private chambers. Once there she knocks softly and waits for admittance. *

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Orshallan himself answers the door, and takes Loviana's hand gently.*

"I promised you a lunch in a less formal setting. Perhaps we can discuss things there?"

Remove ads