• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Interesting develipment. Both Lora and Jareth are hard to deal with and not overly friendly, yet there never was a "clash of the angry titans" between them. They seem to tolerate each other pretty well. But Lurlik, who Gondsman portrays as Sheldon Cooper on steroids, is getting on both of these character's nerves :D

Ain't we a colourful bunch! :)

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how we have avoided some hurricane/volcano meeting this long... It may be because the few times Lora and Jareth have actually dealt with one another, they were each on rather good behavior. And their anger tends to be somewhat general, not specifically directed at any one person for long.

The thing with Lurik, for Jareth, is definitely his arrogance. Jareth grew up in a noble family, dealt with some elves in the past... He's used to arrogance and he still can't stand it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Experience July 1st - July 15th

Code:
Fangor the Fierce                    25
ghostcat                            180
Gondsman                             40
Myth and Legend                      60
Deskjob                              10

Deskjob

First Post
Deskjob

I have internet again. Oh yeah! So I'm back. Woot woot. (Just in time too, looks like HM is updating this very moment. Nice...)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"With no true leadership to help at the wall the villiagers panic and let it fall to soon."

Guess I should be more specific on when I drop the fence, as I had hoped to avoid that mishap by moving to the front of the line. ;) I thought my readied action would take that into account, as he had it 'ready to throw at the enemy once they are in range'. Which, I assume within range was within 10 feet of the wall. If it is for 'battle effect', then that's your choice.

Big choice for me here in this round coming up. I do have one thought going on, which I would like to throw at the group. Mal has two torches on his pack. If possible, would he be able to 'drop' the pack for a pair of villagers to each grab a torch, while their adjacent villager ally lights the torch, at which time the villagers can then throw the torches at the wooden wall, igniting it? Having a wall of fire on the Treylor would be a nice spectacle to behold. Plus, it would allow us to control the battle field a little more.

Is this possible?

Deskjob

First Post
Deskjob

Wall of Fire?

The wall was protection against the archers. With the wall gone, the only protection we have left is a full scrimmage. Separation of troops at this point will only give the archers another chance to volley fire on our position.

Of course, this statement disregards the impending affects of Vance's rear charge. Which we are unlikely to see for some time.

Best to leave the tricks to the commanders and stick to fighting. Once you become the armies Official Strategist, you can improvise all you want. Until then, just kill stuff. ...Thoughts from a grunt soldier.

Marko's Combat Notes:

I posted assuming Jareth missed on his Opportunity Attack. Sorry. Also, since both Jareth and Marko were colored Purple? I assigned myself the closest 3 colored troops. Hope that works. Lolz.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"With no true leadership to help at the wall the villiagers panic and let it fall to soon."

Guess I should be more specific on when I drop the fence, as I had hoped to avoid that mishap by moving to the front of the line. ;) I thought my readied action would take that into account, as he had it 'ready to throw at the enemy once they are in range'. Which, I assume within range was within 10 feet of the wall. If it is for 'battle effect', then that's your choice.

Well What I meant by "let it fall" was they didn't hold it up long in favor of gripping weapons, they didn't push it, they just stopped holding it and Malaroc couldn't keep it up by himself. Sorry it was early in the mornin need to start posting more in the evenings.

@ Scratched_back gave your character a curtisoy look as I do before breaking out the red ink, LOL and a few things before I look him over fully.

a) Ranger modified - please put an sblock in of the swaps you took.
b) Deity Tyr - is this the same from FR or are you planning on modifiying a god by that name and you could have took - none, but servant of The Church
c) Welcome to the "Zero Charisma." Group (from E.T. if you didn't know)
d) no need for Orc as a language not many of them around. And Sylvan let me look into that but I thought you were an Urban type guy? There could be native languages Fm an me decided that Reygurians speak cajun LOL
e) Apperance and all is good,I think we can introduce you go ahead and give an opening post. You are from the great city Siere (where the church is based) and on a mission and you were heading to Harkon Manor for some info when a large explosion happened of to the south. Moving in that direction you hear the sounds of battle and creep in for a look. You see the fighting going on at it's current stage (i.e. wall down, Treylor nearest you engaged with humans) from the woods edge.
f) Backgrund TBC with HolyMan :) I am working on some things like the churches BoO and what your mission is. We will get this done very soon.

HM

Last edited:

Scratched_back

First Post
Whoops, there's a couple of things on there that were a bit of a hangover from a previous concept (Tyr and Sylvan being prime examples). I'll go through that now and get them changed, and I'll put a neat summary of the changes we made to "Urbanise" him, hahah.

As for the languages, what would you recommend? By nature of his occupation he is well travelled, so even if the two languages are distant and unrelated, I think that'd be fine. It's the flavour that's more important. I want to pick languages of the, ummm, less reputable types :)

EDIT: I'm going to start chomping through the Harkon Manor thread. Hopefully will be a slow day at work today and I'll be finished reading by this afternoon, then I'll jump in with a more informed introduction/action this evening. REALLY looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Gondsman

Explorer
whew! internet dropped out suddenly for a few days but it is back and I missed a lot.

Just want to point out that we American's deliberately misspell most of those words to distinguish ourselves from the Imperials *snicker*. And over the years we've added so many rules and exceptions to the book, not to mention the hundreds of dialects for a country so large (including Ebonics and Text) that there really is no correct way to write in American English without at least a PhD in Literature or something, and I am proud to be a deliberate Rebel *snicker*. Besides, most of us can barely read and you expect us to write?

We still see ourselves as the dominant world power that can force everyone to work and we can play and do as we please. Later, perhaps, we'll learn otherwise and capitulate to what other countries tell us is right and learn their language like all those other countries in Europe.

As for the new guy, Be Afraid, Be Very.... oh wait you're joining our group not Loreen's. :p

Remove ads