• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War - canceled

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Honestly? I don't like the idea of rewriting history or events in the game just to adjust your character concept. It doesn't sound like you are happy with Alexander as he is so just retire him.

I think the warlock or the martial arts ideas are the simplest and therefore the best. I'd vote the fighter just because you'll have less choices to distract your decision making further. You won't be happy unless you have special appendages or wings or something, but if it's subtle, cosmetic, and concealable it won't affect the game anyway.

The way you keep saying 'magically aligned' makes me wonder what that means to you... I'll just assume it means you have some spells. Think about not scouring every spell compendium ever written looking for things to mod.

jackslate45

First Post
magically alighted= has power of magic already = innate not leared = Sorcerer.

Proof in 4 steps.

In other news, my schedule has eased significantly. I should be able to start posting again.

Axel

First Post
Alexander was Chaotic, unstable and magical. Not to mention unpredictable (though that's OK for a CN character).

Why don't you do something totally different and make a LE fighter or monk that is anti-magic (as in, some personality trait that makes them hate magic)? Crunchy-effective is not very important in this game. Interesting, funny and engaging is, it seems.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Interlude >

So, in other news, what does the group division look like now? I am a little lost on who's going where and all. How many days travel is it to where the destination is and how long would each group normally take, under normal circumstance, to reach said destination?

Finally, am I correct in assuming that the crown is with Mal? Or did it get handed to someone else? If someone knows off hand, it would prevent me from combing through the threads to find that little tidbit of information.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character check...

Rodric

Have your pts spent at 32 of the 35
AC should be 16
In combat block list Grapple: +4 = +2 (BAB) + 2 (STR)
Have Extend Spell listed twice (human bonus and Lvl3).
Have skill ranks at
Skill Ranks: 30 = [4 (class) + 0 (INT) x 4 + 4 (human):LvL1] + [4 (class) + (0 INT) + 1 (human) x 2 (levels 2,3)]
ACP should be -5 now (see below) should have been -7 before
Only see 24 out of those 30 skill ranks used and what does ? in Diplomacy mean
Please make your scalemail and shield masterwork items
Treasure leftover after equipment will be 22gp, 9sp, 8cp
Have current weight at 66.5lbs (medium)

Pious

ACP -4 ? Have -2 for chain shirt but I don't see a shield listed for the other -2
Skill ranks should be 24 [4(class) + 1 (INT) x4 + 4 (human)]
Have total weight at 53lb

And Deskjob since things are going slow I will set you up in one of the off-shot games and have everyone else join when they are done.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Interlude >

So, in other news, what does the group division look like now? I am a little lost on who's going where and all. How many days travel is it to where the destination is and how long would each group normally take, under normal circumstance, to reach said destination?

Finally, am I correct in assuming that the crown is with Mal? Or did it get handed to someone else? If someone knows off hand, it would prevent me from combing through the threads to find that little tidbit of information.

Group division as I see it (and hope you all will IC it)

Group leaving army
Malaroc
Trinham
Jareth
Ern
NPC Sil

Group staying with army
Rodric
Darling
Pious
Lora
NPC Vance
NPC Martomum
NPC Fallon

Also...

A) Is it you FtF who wishes to know the distances and such or does Mal wish to know (and would he know). I don't wissh to tell you FtF then have Mal suddenly become a geography major. :p

B) Whoever has the bag of holding has the crown.

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
It would be from In Character for the length of the trek they are going to undertake. Mal had wandered to their current location once before, so he's wondering if it's heading back the same way he originally came, or another route altogether.

What? We have a Bag of Holding? Hahahaha! Not sure who's holding it really. Anyone know?

Deskjob

First Post
- jackslate,

Welcome back to posting. Great to hear it.

___

- HM,

Thanks. I'll fix those inconsistencies. And thanks for the quick add in. Sitting on my thumbs is no fun.

___

- Zerith

We still love you. You just talk alot. :p

DJ

Axel

First Post
Character check...

Rodric

Have your pts spent at 32 of the 35
AC should be 16
In combat block list Grapple: +4 = +2 (BAB) + 2 (STR)
Have Extend Spell listed twice (human bonus and Lvl3).
Have skill ranks at
Skill Ranks: 30 = [4 (class) + 0 (INT) x 4 + 4 (human):LvL1] + [4 (class) + (0 INT) + 1 (human) x 2 (levels 2,3)]
ACP should be -5 now (see below) should have been -7 before
Only see 24 out of those 30 skill ranks used and what does ? in Diplomacy mean
Please make your scalemail and shield masterwork items
Treasure leftover after equipment will be 22gp, 9sp, 8cp
Have current weight at 66.5lbs (medium)

- Sorry, thought it was a 32 point buy. :blush: Move Str from 15-->16, Con from 12-->13.
- AC, no worries. Did the maths in a rush, prone to mistakes.
- Add Grapple, no dramas. Always struggled to get to grips with those rules ;)
- Extend Spell at 3rd level is intended as Divine Metamagic - Extend Spell (Complete Divine). It lets Rodric sacrifice 2 turn attempts when casting a spell to have the spell effected by Extend Spell.
- Will add a further 6 skill points shortly. Remaining points to max-out Concentration, leftover to Knowledge (Engineering).
- ? in Diplomacy results from me quoting Alden's old character sheet to get the structure right. Wrote over his skills with ? until I got through Rodric's skills. Must've missed that one...
- Re: armour and ACP. Would rather Rodric had Splint Mail or Breastplate than MW Scale Mail. Up to you though, since Splint is harsh for ACP (which you may be pushing me to minimise...). Will adjust ACP as required (my bad forgetting the shield...)

Remove ads