Off to War - canceled

Axel

First Post
Spoken like a true army whore. :p

Short of physically removing uniforms from cold, dead corpses I can't see too many other options here.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
I'll reply to Rodric's sensible sermon in the IC tomorrow. <3

Messing with the soldiers would be thrilling, but I'll agree that the civilian approach is probably better for our communal health. :p

HM can I use bardic knowledge again to see if Darling has heard of anyone useful amongst the wandering rabble?

Axel

First Post
Fair enough. One of the worst aspects of having a lawful aligned, high wisdom character is having to be sensible and cautious. My first ever 3.5 character was a chaotic neutral barbarian. He was sooo much fun, but a complete and utter liability for the party. Happily, he still lives, at level 15 these days. Even if he doesn't get out much anymore. Probably a testament to the abilities of the two clerics in that party. :]

Your approach has merit, don't discount it if Darling is willing. It's the old honey trap...soldier comes in expecting a happy ending. Finds he is mugged at sword point by two burly blokes, best timed after he's taken his clothes off. Problem is exactly as outlined IC...what to do with the soldier after? Rodric would be happy enough to kill them. But that poses further problems...

BTW, is anyone else bothered by the thread title typo "To Catch a Secert"??? It's been driving me nuts for a week since I noticed. :-S

Disposable Hero

First Post
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION]- I have my character awaiting a once over from you sir...but a nice background has escaped me. I had a direction but it seems to be lost to me now and will add to it after a bit of roleplay it thats ok. If not I will get one in asap.

Deskjob

First Post
Well my free summer of May, June, and July is quickly coming to an end. And since our adventure hasn't really started yet, I'll step out before it does. So, bye bye again.

HolyMan, thanks for the fun times. You helped make every free moment I had into an adventure. Oh yeah!

Best wishes all. I'm going back to my...

- Deskjob *wink*

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry to hear it Deskjob.

I'll keep your spot warm for your next break from the old RL monster.

I can't believe it is already the last week of July. This year is flying by.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry for the delays folks, but work is trying to kill me slowly.

Just a 24 hour bump for Marching Orders as I'll hopefully catch up on everything by tomorrow night.

DH - Your character is ready for RPing so I will be introducing him in the low level game shortly. I'll hopefully get through approval before any rolls need be made.

Note on background and such. We have been playing duskblades as an elite elven organization that didn't wish their secrets being taught to outsiders. But that was only if you specialized in spiked chain fighting.

Your character could be more of a natural duskblade and thus not need to call himself one if asked, RP-wise. You can say your just a natural spellcaster who's abilities also extend into combat.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well it is with great regret that I must inform everyone that this game is being canceled.

Reasons are many and it's nobody's fault but mine. I really can't seem to get into the 3.5 mentality. And dread when I have to dig out one of those books to look up something. I probably should have waited to tackle something this grand once more. I don't seem to have the time to put the research into this as I would like. And works not helping - They tried to call me in today (and after 46 hours already this week).

Running published adventures are easy - the group tells me what they wish to do and then I spend 20 minutes looking over the module and then post what their actions do to effect the game and I know what is around the next corner (so to speak) - but this is different as most of it isn't even thought all the way through. Sandbox is a mild term.

I really played off the players and what they posted. I mean I had nothing about dragons in the game till FtF created his character. Even Zerith (can't believe I'm saying this) gave me inspiration to right up the gnoll pantheon and the Gates of Death, which was to be a higher end adventure.

But it seems I don't have the time offline to once more spend on this as I once had.

Again I am sorry, and I wish everyone happy gaming when and where ever they play. And success in everything they do.

Yours Sincerely,

HolyMan

Remove ads