Off to War [IC]

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric listened to the interplay of opinions with growing suspicion. I wonder if any of them have thought about why this flighty elf needs to get to Siere? To see the High King! Stick a dagger in him, more likely... They're all outta their heads! I need to stay with the elves, whatever happens. Just to keep an eye on them.[/COLOR]

The priest rubbed his mustache again, then the top of his shaved head. He hated this part of war and found himself missing the old Captain. His plans were always good. Nothing ever went wrong, till the last plan... That set his missing finger to itching. He had to distract himself before it got unbearable. I still don't know enough about these soldiers. Or the women. Wizards always complicate things so. Wizard women are worse than the sum of their parts...

"So, you've started thinking about what you can do rather than what you can't. That's good. Since you seem so convinced that thw Lord Dellex opposes you," and why shouldn't he, you blood traitors... why can you not confront or contain him? I've always said it is better to keep your enemies in front of you than let them loose behind. At the least, give him a strong diversion to manage. He may act overtly, which would bolster your cause, if I understand correctly.

[sblock=ooc]
Changed text colour so Rodric is not the same as Lora. :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth looks at the ambassador, dumbfounded for the moment. "You insisted on coming to travel with the army, but now you're saying we should travel without them as a small group and leave Aver to pose as you? With all due respect, Ambassador, have you lost your senses?"

He grimaces at all the goings-on. "It seems enough of you are set to split up like this, despite it being obvious to Dellex that we are sneaking about and attempting, poorly, to mislead him.

"And Rodric, we know Dellex is against us because at every turn he has opposed, manipulated, and, in one case, nearly assaulted us. Well, the last one was just me, because I managed to raise his temper. He's a power-hungry, manipulative wretch. But we can't take things so directly because he's also the High King's adviser and a powerful wizard. And we're largely nobodies. Anything we say could fairly easily be battered down, without any magical interference."

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling was pleased. It appeared that she would have Aver all to herself, and would avoid the hard road that awaited the rest of the party. Still, all this talk of wrathful wizards made her wary. She tried to call to mind anything she knew about mages and magic...

"Lora!"

Leaving Aver's arm now cold, she moved to take up Lora's hands in her own.

"You're the girl who slayed that serpent! The whole town is talking about you! We should be friends!"

Darling gave Lora a happy little hug.

"Will you come with us? I'm awful from the arcane angle... plus, who wants to wade into the woods with these boys?"

[sblock=OOC]
I figured 'bardic knowledge' would cover rumors of a recent epic monster slaying...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sil looks to Jareth calmly and says, "The army sounded like a good idea till I met Lord Dellex. Having him about and those who know of the news we bring makes me wary. And didn't he say that you should go to Kem? Let him believe he got his way till he finds out differently."

"And I think your a bit misinformed Lord Jareth, Dellex is the King of Pesh's adviser not the High King's thank The Seven." he adds with a small grin.

[sblock=Note]There are five kings (one for each kingdom) and a high king who rules over all of them.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Oh, just a king's ear. Small mercy. Bah. And you know full well I've made little study of the noble houses. For that matter, Ambassador, I'd appreciate you not using my title when we're in such informal company. I've accepted it, but I still don't like having it."

Jareth sighs and runs a hand through his hair again. "Fine. I can make the excuse about having to see to Kem, but what about Trinham? Or are you seriously considering waving this in front of Dellex's face with your plan to disappear along the back roads? There needs to be a reason for Trinham to 'leave you' here. And some excuse of an important errand on your behalf would not likely hold up long as an excuse."

ghostcat

First Post
"Hopefully Dellex thinks I'm just a lacky, that's if he is even aware that I exist. At least that's the impression I have been trying to give him."

Trinham thinks a bit, then says "Perhaps if I leave with you, Jareth, he will just assume that I'm your man. After all an important lord like you" Trinham gives Jareth a broad smile and winks "wouldn't travel alone. We could reinforce this by having Martomum, as leader of the irregulars, report that he has assigned me to you."

Turning to Jareth, Trinham says to him "I know you hate your title my friend but in the current climate you're going to have to learn how to use it effectively. Used right, it can be just as effective as a sword in the gut. I am sure that the ambassador can give you a few tips."

ghostcat

First Post
A nasty thought occurs to Trinham and his smile changes to s frown and their is a hint of panic in his voice. "Anyway how are you proposing we travel. I sincerely hope that you arn't proposing we use horses. Please say we arn't travelling on horseback. Perhaps it would be better if I stayed an guarded Aver, just in case Dellex doesn't fall for the deception."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Horses would be for the best. There are extra's in the stables if you don't have enough of your own." Vance says looking to Lora. "Your wish to go don't you?" he says grimly.

ghostcat

First Post
"I think horses are a very bad idea." says Trinham. Normally he would have keep quite but his fear of horses far exceeds his desire not to make a fool of himself in front of the nobility. "They'll panic if their attacked and throw you off. Even if you successfully dismount half the team will have to hold them and not be available to fight. Also, the smell of horse poo will keep you awake half the night." At this point Trinham realises that he's starting to look like an idiot and shuts up.

[sblock=OOC]I reserve the right to add to this post if I can think of any more half baked ideas for avoiding horses.[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric laughs loudly at Trinham's obvious discomfort. "You forgot to add that they'll eat your sons, and rape you while you sleep lad! Horses are like dogs. They only hurt if you let them."

"Seriously now, this flight shouldn't be halfbaked. To avoid being followed we need food, and feed for the horses since we must avoid the roadside inns. This will take time to gather without suspicion."

"My suggestion is this. The elf and his close associates can leave in two days for a hunting trip. To all intents it must seem correct, so do not over pack. I will set out tomorrow with a cart and a few good men, supposedly to forage the countryside, which I will. There is a small town not far from here where we can meet up and prepare for the longer journey. No doubt our friend the stunted one here has enough authority to order any else that is coming out to search for the overdue hunters, perhaps.

Last edited:

Remove ads