Off to War [IC]

ghostcat

First Post
"Yes Rodric. But you can always eat dogs if they get too uncontrollable or if you have a bad winter. On the other hand, horses are too expensive to eat and are usually owned by someone you don't want to annoy." Trinham says this in a serious tone of voice and no-one is sure whether he is joking or not.

jackslate45

First Post
"I may have a way around the feeding of the horses." Ernestine piped up. She pulls out one of the scrolls handed to her by the ambassador earlier and says "I took a quick look over this, and with it I can conjure horses from the planes above to aid on in our ride. They will return healthy and fresh as if we had just purchased them today. This will save on gathering food for the horses as well. "

"This way, if you need to use your spares, they are at your manor and not with us"
Ern says, looking towards Vance.

Axel

First Post
Rodric

The warrior-priest looks at Trinham quizzically. "You need to get your priorities right young man. It doesn't matter who you annoy or how expensive something is, anything is preferable to starving to death. A good rule for your life is to ask for forgiveness, not permission."

Turning to Ern, Rodric asked "I've heard of such a thing being done before, lass, but I've never seen it with my own eyes. For summoning creatures there is normally a price in blood, gold or deeds. What is the price of these heavenly horses?"

jackslate45

First Post
"Time and energy. It would use up most of my current power, but would last far longer than the normal riding time we would have. I could then prepare a suitable way to hide from those trying to seek us, which would last almost enough to sleep. ". Ern respond to the inquisitive war-priest.

[sblock=proposed spell selection]
4 Extended Mounts level 2
2 Mounts, using charges from the extend rod level 1
Lasts 16 per horse
Rope trick using extend rod for 8 hours
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric nods, as if he understands Ern's explanation. "Well then. It appears that we have all reached a decision. Those with the courage to act should get started."

The armoured man turns and heads for the door, intent on holding up his end of the suggestion - gathering food to meet the riders in two days time.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well nothing need be decided this night, and the day has been long." the ambassador says standing. "We all can travel with the army a couple days and leave to strike out on our own if need be. Till then I say we get a good rest and prepare to leave with the army in the morning."

With that he calls Aver to accompany him to find a servant to show them their rooms.

[sblock] Those still in post yourself off to bed or back to camp. I will be advancing everything to the next day over the weekend.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal rises, nodding his head in acknowledgement to the Ambassadors comments. "I will be around. I have things to think upon. If we are to keep to our assignments, then I assume Trinham and Jareth will be keeping their watch on the Ambassador? If you need me, I should be around."

Mal then takes his leave, looking for the blacksmith. He wondered if the blacksmith had survived the attack from the Treylor, and if he would remember that Mal had offered his services to help in preparations. Once he is done, he checks to see if he still has room available to rest for the night.

His night goes by with more questions than answers. This whole cat and mouse game was getting very dangerous. New people were now to be trusted with information that left him unsettled. Their enemies seem to be closer than their allies.

And, Emma had now fallen into a well deserved slumber. She would not have done that if she did not think of Mal as able to handle the situation. It was both a boon and a curse. He would not be able to gain her wisdom in need, yet he was now sensing a bit of freedom and pride. His life had changed drastically, and he felt something else was soon to be on his horizon. A bestial yet calming feeling seemed to be coming forth. The acidic breath was a surprise. Also, he had not yet shown the others that he had been watching, playing close attention, and was now able to master at least one spell worth using. He was not the same, but better for it.

Finally drifting off from his thoughts, he wonders just what tomorrow will bring...

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric pauses without turning as the others voice their opinions. He continues to walk away afterwards, shaking his head. "The old Captain'd be turning in his grave at the choice to do nothing. Bunch of indecisive time wasters... Wonder if anyone'll give me odds that the whole scheme comes down to minutes at the end, and we rue the hours lost here.

Shouldering his shield as if for a forced march he heads to his bunk tent to pack away the meager kit that remained from the Grey Company. "New socks. I need some new socks," Rodric mutters to himself, heading towards the quartermaster's area. "Always a good idea to have fresh socks for a long march, lads." he adds in a normal voice as a group of soldiers give him a quizzical look. "Helps keep you on your feet longer y'know."

From the quartermaster Rodric heads to a sparring area, where he practices for an hour with all and sundry. Teaching what he can to the rawer recruits is something he had always enjoyed.

Tired from a busy day, he grabs a pot of stew and heads back to the bunk tent. "Get as much sleep as you can when you can boys. You never know what'll happen tomorrow. Could be an all night march to flank the enemy or a long victory celebration, Tor willing." Despite his words to his companions Rodric is troubled by the plot to bring an elf into the presence of the high King, and sleeps little.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling could tell Vance was less than thrilled at the prospect of losing Lora.

"Think it over, at least?"she said, excusing herself from the brewing lover's quarrel.

The beautiful bard makes her way back to the elves as they prepare to leave. As this meeting comes to an end, Darling is heard laughing softly with Sil and Aver. She seemed particularly interested in the Ambassador, with his exotic ornaments and garb, and stared doe-eyed at him as he spoke a bit of Elvish.

When they finally leave the room, Darling leaves as well, skipping and dancing whimsically just ahead of them.

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine was glad the meeting was over. Tired from the long day of hiking, and ready to sleep in a bed again, she got up and stretched long. "Lord Vance, can you tell me the way to the baths? A good cleaning before will help me sleep tremendously."

Once being shown to the baths, she ensured that no one was in there with her before getting in herself. Ernestine felt embarrassed by the scars of the recent events, and bathed quickly to prevent being seen with the marks over her body.

Upon reaching her room for the evening, Ernestine pulled out the first of the two scrolls she needed to copy into her book. And probally the most important for tomorrow, as she would probably need to conjure the horses right away. Thankfully, her skill in magic has increased enough that after reading it with magic, she understood how to write it in her book (+15 spellcraft w/conjuration bonus auto makes DC 16 to learn Mount). She picks up her pen, and gets to work writing it in.

Hours later, Ernestine's brain felt drained as she finally put down her pen to take a break. She looked outside and saw that it was getting dark. Deciding she could finish the spell later, Ern stumbles over to the bed and crashes hard on the mattress, asleep in minutes.

Remove ads