• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Bladesinger Prestige Class for Forgotten Realms?

BadMojo

First Post
This thread kind of springs from this Rules thread:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=143608

I must admit that there have been fewer debates on the relative strength of the Complete Warrior vs. Races of Faerun versions of the Bladesinger prestige class. This thread, however, is not really about that.

I'm curious if anyone knows if there has ever been any information on statement on which version of the class is "official" for 3.5E Forgotten Realms products. Races of Faerun, which is sort of a nearly 3.5E book has a variant of the errata'd Tome & Blood class.

Players Guide to Faerun outlines all the changes to 3.0 Realms books and mentions Races of Faerun, but says nothing about the Bladesinger.

As I recall, Race was published first, then Complete Warrior and finally Players Guide. So, one would think the FR designers would have reprinted or referenced the Complete Warrior version if it was there intent to use it.

Thoughts? Comments? Animal noises?

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
Thoughts: Well, considering I haven't seen an errata update for Races of Faerun on WotC's Site, I have to assume that the version printed in RoF is the 'official' FR version, and doesn't need to be updated.

Comments: No comment at this time.

Animal Noises: The cow says, "Moo".

:uhoh:

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Animal Noise & Habitual Line-Stepping

111502_Rick_james.jpg

"Bladesinging is a hell of a drug ...."​

shaylon

First Post
I tend to agree with REG and Aris, not so much with the Menace.

Aw heck, I agree with the menace too! Where's Charlie Murphy?

-Shay

The Thayan Menace

First Post
I have recently come to an understanding with the moderators of ENworld regarding my habitual line-stepping (i.e., my gratuitous use of Rick James imagery).

Therefore, I cannot directly accomodate any Rick James fans on this thread with the immediate display of pithily-captioned photographs.

However, for my homie Shaylon, I will do the following:

I will provide a link to my Rick James School of DMing thread, where you will indeed find comentary by Charlie Murphy.

I will also provide a link to the full rendition of the Rick James skit from Chappelle's Show.

Peace Out,

-The Menace

rowport

First Post
The whole Rick James bit is completely lost on me, I'm afraid. I did not find them annoying, but just kind of... odd.

That said, the randomness of it does seem rather Thayan to me, so good job with that! :D

BadMojo

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
Thanks G.

Well, this thread turned out to be rather interesting. The only thing I can think of re: the Bladesinger in FR is that maybe it'll be updated in the Champions of Valor book.

Ranger REG

Explorer
rowport said:
The whole Rick James bit is completely lost on me, I'm afraid. I did not find them annoying, but just kind of... odd.
I dunno. I really dig those "... is a hell of a drug" catchphrase. :cool:

It's better than the "All your ... bases are belong to us." :p

Remove ads