Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I\'ve seen better, but only by the pros

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • I could draw them better myself

Votes: 16 50.0%

Paul_Klein

Explorer
Did you see the "3 new Dark Heroes"??

Hahahaha what total crap. Look at the 3rd pic and tell me that it looks like a 4 year old drew it. I can't imagine a player looking at it and saying "That's me! That's what my character looks like!".

For that matter, I couldn't see that with the other 2 as well.

Garbage

Weeble

First Post
Paul_Klein said:
Did you see the "3 new Dark Heroes"??

Hahahaha what total crap. Look at the 3rd pic and tell me that it looks like a 4 year old drew it. I can't imagine a player looking at it and saying "That's me! That's what my character looks like!".

For that matter, I couldn't see that with the other 2 as well.

Garbage

Quite Agreed!! I was just looking at them again wondering what 5th grade art class got commissioned to do such work.

reapersaurus

First Post
Paul_Klein said:
It's not just that one.
It's just about EVERY portrait I've seen.
The only exception that comes to mind is the DragonRiders issue.

JeffB

Legend
Personally, I think "PC portraits" fits the definition of "waste of space" better than anything yet from WOTC. It's bad enough in Dragon, why would they subject the web community to that as well?

Wolfen Priest

First Post
I agree that there are a few that are OK, the dragonriders, some of the elves I liked, a few others...

But seriously, and I have to say this... there are too many female ones in there! I mean, we all know D&D is probably about 97% male players, and of those, c'mon, how many times are you really psyched to play a chick??

I mean seriously, looking through the pictures, a lot of them (too many) are chix. I've played one female character in my life, and the people I was playing with kinda gave me that, "You're playing a chick?" look.... At the time, I was playing two characters, the other being a humanoid male.

The campaign fizzled out before she died. :D

Remove ads