Oh yes!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Lots of people in costume. Lots of lightsabers. People teaching lightsaber in the cinema foyer. Cinema filling up now. It starts in 20 minutes so I'd better turn my phone off!

This thing got 4 stars in the big papers here in Toronto... the critic gave it 5 stars at first but said he had to downgrade to 4 stars because there's basically nothing new in this movie that hasn't been done in the previous 6 films.

So if you're not a big Star Wars fan, it's still a 4 star movie... if you're a fan, it's probably 48 stars... LOL

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you, like me and most other people, prefer the original trilogy to the prequels, this film is firmly in the vein of the OT.

I rank them all: 2,1,7,6,3,2,1 in descending order. The main break between "like" and "don't like" is between 6 and 3 in that list.

delericho

Legend
4, 5, 7, 6, 1, 3, 2 for me. With Jedi being the weakest of the 'good' films and Phantom being the best of the 'bad' bunch.

That's very much subject to change, though - my opinion of 7 may well change with additional viewings and time to reflect.

Edit to add: I'd be inclined to ignore the reviews. Partly because I think a lot of them are reviewing the name "Star Wars" and much less the film, and partly because you're almost certainly going to see it for yourself anyway. :)

I rank them all: 2,1,7,6,3,2,1 in descending order. The main break between "like" and "don't like" is between 6 and 3 in that list.
Same here, although I haven't seen 7 yet... so I'll let you know if it's 7,6 or 6, 7 for me after I see it. Even without having seen it, I'm pretty sure 3, 2 and 1 will remain firmly at the bottom of my list.

Since you've seen it: can you at least debunk the urban myth that Jar Jar Binks is the new Sith lord? LOL

Remove ads