D&D 4E Ok to have an opinion about 4E?

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
Here's my opinion on 4th Ed:

Why, god, why?! Why are you doing this to me!? We had a deal! How could you do this?! No, gah, ahh!!!!!!!

Actually, I am so looking forward to it that I'm almost resentful about having to DM using the 3.5 rules until next May.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Arkhandus said:
For some reason, every time someone mentions even the slightest bit of negativity or uncertainty about 4th Edition, someone else or multiple somone elses chimes in with a comment saying or inferring that the speaker is a stupid jerk who's only venting and has no relevant point worth considering. It's grating to see such responses so frequently by EN Worlders. :\ :(

I do not believe this to be true. What I have seen is a small number of far-too-vocal posters who threadcrap in multiple threads, and start their own, shrilly screaming out that they hate 4E at every opportunity. We get it. We know you don't like 4E (not you, obviously, Askhandus - I refer to a type) because you won't let those of us who are interested have a normal conversation about it.

And then we just wonder - why on earth are these people posting in the 4E forum? We very kindly made the forum separate, so they didn't have to read about 4E. I don't like blue cheese, but I don't feel the need to seek out blue cheese forums and lambast people there. I just enjoy my regular cheese, and don't eat blue cheese.

Discussion of concerns is fine. Repeated shrill shrieks are just.. well, rude. :)

Wormwood

Adventurer
Baby Samurai said:
Actually, I am so looking forward to it that I'm almost resentful about having to DM using the 3.5 rules until next May.

I'm playing in one 3.5 campaign and running another---I love the game, but man oh man am I having trouble waiting out the next 7+ months.

Greg K

Legend
el-remmen said:
Warning, hijacK

Wow. I love that book.

It is one of the few non-core 3E books that I liked so much looking through a friend's copy, that I ordered my own - and have gotten great use out of it.

I also like BOVD. Its one of maybe a dozen WOTC 3.x books non-setting books that I consider worth owning. However, I consider it to be almost exclusively a DM book (I use a few spells as replacement spells on domain lists) and might feel differently if I viewed the material for player use.

Baby Samurai

Banned
Banned
Wormwood said:
I'm playing in one 3.5 campaign and running another---I love the game, but man oh man am I having trouble waiting out the next 7+ months.

My situation and feelings exactly.

Oh, except the playing in one – always the bridesmaid (DM) never the bride (player)…

Remove ads