• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Old School 4E Character Sheet (Goldenrod) - Now with Power Cards.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I really liked the encounter/games day card layout. Especially for powers. I made something similar in Excell.

The large space at the top is for the information cards. I print out the powers sheet from the character builder with just the character information, skills and action point cards on top. Then run that page through the printer again with the excell spreadsheet.

I really wish there was a nice way to customize your character sheet right out of character builder.

It's an xlsx file. I had to drop the last x to upload it.

Attachments

• My DnD Power Sheet.xls
    38.8 KB · Views: 218

jrowland

First Post
Feedback and constructive criticism welcomed.

Thanks!

I like the Power cards "Style". Good job! However, I would do a couple things.

First and foremost: While I understand the nostalgia associated with these, there are some "modern" ideas that are worth hanging onto. Namely, the size of the power cards should be scaled to the size of WOTC power Cards, Magic Cards, Baseball cards, etc. The use of protective sleeves will allow people to get MUCH more mileage out of these cards. That measn cramped writing on a smaller space. But, people who use these cards are probably going to skip the irrelevant details (like all the damage options at 6th, 11th, etc).

Second: I probably would Print these on colored card stock: Green, Red, Grey to match the useage frequency, so I could do without the "color code" box or the check boxes for action type. I can scribble Minor, Standard, Move on my own.

Third: I love the attack wingding (close, melee, etc) but am wondering if there is a way to make it into a drop-down menu? Indeed, can the whole document be made into something you can insert data into the fields? (I know there IS a way, just wondering if YOU can do it). Being able to enter the data could save on space (see first feedback)...just a thought

Fourth: I feel like there should be a watermark or something. Or perhaps silly art like a sword or an orb or something, like on the character sheets.

Robtheman

First Post
Hi Melkor! Great design work. I like the flavor of these a lot and have just switched my character over to your layout. Thanks for creating this and maintaining it.

I have a few comments and suggestions based on my observations and experience.

Typo
Note in the skills block. Streetwise is based on Charisma, not Dexterity (as appears on the current .pdf).

Inconsistent with 4e character sheet
A fourth box for Miscelaneous modifiers to speed would be consistent with the 4e mechanics and sheet.

A box for temporary HPs. Perhaps tighten up the Total and unlabeled box and add a third. Then label as Max (Total), Current, and Temp.

Suggestions:
A small "Used" in the rectangular box under Surges per Day might help to clarify what to track in that box (for newer players).

A line labeled Item in Off-hand would give a space for dual wielded weapons, implements or shields.

2 fewer utility power slots, 1 fewer at-will power slot, 3 more encounter power slots. This is because many class and racial powers are encounters so you end up with more encounter powers than any other type. Add multi-classing powers and channel divinity powers being encounters and you end up with a lot of possible encounter powers.

Edit: Perhaps adding a box psionic power points would be helpful.

Hope this is constructive.

Last edited:

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
If the OP would like to contact the programmer of the sheet I linked to in my previous post please just drop me a message on here and I will pass it on to you.

I think it would be interesting to see it done so that it auto-populates from a character builder file.

Melkor

Explorer
Thanks folks. Haven't had a chance to make some of the corrections mentioned in this thread yet. Hope to get to it soon.

Remove ads