Old-school dungeon crawl using 5e playtest rules

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'm being a bit confused by the contents of the room beyond the door with the lock that had to be picked in order to enter:

Those who enter the room each see non-humans armed and ready to fight -- one slim, on short, one small, and one mechanical. So are those Sulannus, Bartleby, Swift, and Tock, who each enter, and who each see the other three? Why do the characters who enter the room only see three non-humans instead of four, and no humans? Are Aeiyan and Rejik still outside the room; or do other beings stand inside the room?

Are there mirrors on the walls that reflect images of everybody except the observer?

I'm not sure I understand the description of that room.

Edited to add a link.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, I was confused by that too. I figured I'd just wait and see how the people ahead of me in init dealt with it before I committed. :)

Leif

Adventurer
I was waiting for Shayuri, as one of the most awesome ENWorlders EVer!!

Seriously, I didn't get it at all, either.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Hi all

Unfortunately I'm going to have to take my leave of all play by post activities for the moment; a lot of things are going on in my life at the moment, not least the ongoing purchase of a first home, along with the fun of moving house and decorating/renovating said house (and making arrangements for some furry friends to move in!), as well as an imminent week away in the countryside with little or no wi-fi and PC access.

It's been fun though, thanks everyone!

Li Shenron

Legend
Hi all

Unfortunately I'm going to have to take my leave of all play by post activities for the moment; a lot of things are going on in my life at the moment, not least the ongoing purchase of a first home, along with the fun of moving house and decorating/renovating said house (and making arrangements for some furry friends to move in!), as well as an imminent week away in the countryside with little or no wi-fi and PC access.

It's been fun though, thanks everyone!

Sorry to hear that :(

I'll keep Tock passive but still following the party at least until they are out of the dungeon and somewhere safe. Should something bad happen to him, I guarantee that it won't be permanent, so that when you have time, if you still want to play you'll be able to resume the same character - but no levels-up in the meantime! :)

Remove ads