Omega World: Really Fun!

Lizard Lips

First Post
Hey, what do you guys do with NPC types in Omega World? Is everybody an 'Explorer', or do you incorporate NPC classes like warriors and commoners? I was also thinking of allowing a feat that provided skill points to help diversify a character's abilities.

Paragon Badger

First Post
I kinda of like the one class system. But what I might do is convert some of the class abilities (Sneak Attack, Animal Companion, Favored Enemy) into feats. For warriors I'd probably just let Explorers take Weapon Specialization if they meet the preq. I'm going to leave commoners out because I could see my PCs killing random "innocents" and I want the "innocents" to be able to take more than one hit and then return fire. :D

Gospog

First Post
Well, the great thing about Omega World being D20, is that I can just "drop in" D20 based NPCs, and they'll more or less "work".

Although, if I had plenty of time to prepare, Paragon Badgers' idea seems pretty cool, too.

So far, we only played one game, and I didn't bother to stat out the non-monster NPCs, as they were not antagonistic towards the PCs. The NPCs who stick around and/or make repeat appearances will get the "d20 treatment" in due time. I'll have to decide if they're Explorers then.

One of my players is on vacation for almost 2 weeks, so I have plenty of time to mull it over while writing up the next game.

And just in case anyone cares, my first scenario was called "Dome of Doom!" and the next one will be called "Reading Is Fundamental".

Paragon Badger

First Post
Class Abilities

Here are some rough class abilities as feats. I left out the Monk since I can't picture a Monk in OW. I'm at work right now:D so these may need some adjustment when I have more time.

Nature Sense
Preq: Wilderness Lore 4 ranks, Knowledge(Nature) 4 ranks
Can identify plants and animals with perfect accuracy. Can determine whether water is safe to drink or dangerous.

Animal Companion
Preq: Animal Empathy 4 ranks
Gain an animal companion as druid.

Wild Shape
Preq: 5th level, Wilderness Lore 8 ranks
Can Wild shape as druid 1/day. Resulting animal is effected by all your mutations and has no new mutations of it’s own. Can be taken every 2 levels to gain an additional use to a max of 6/day.

Large Wild Shape
Preq: 8th level, Wild Shape

Tiny Wild Shape
Preq: 11th level, Wild Shape

Huge Wild Shape
Preq: 15th level, Wild Shape

Dire Wild Shape
Preq: 12th level, Wild Shape

Elemental Wild Shape
Preq: 16th level, Wild Shape
1/day

Greater Elemetnal Wild Shape
Preq: 18th level, Wild Shape
3/day

Timeless Body
Preq: 15th level, Wis 18+

Flurry of Blows
Preq: Improved Unarmed Strike

Favored Enemy I
Preq: None
Choose 1 favored enemy as Ranger.

Favored Enemy II
Preq: Favored Enemy I
Choose another favored enemy and increase other favored enemy bonuses by +1

Favored Enemy III
Preq: Favored Enemy II

Favored Enemy IV
Preq: Favored Enemy III

Favored Enemy V
Preq: Favored Enemy IV

Sneak Attack
Preq: Dex 14+
Gain Sneak Attack +1d6
Can be retaken if you gain 2 levels. Damage bonus sums.

Paragon Badger

First Post
Forgot the Barbarian! Geez! How can you remake Thundarr the Barbarian without these?

Uncanny Dodge (Dex bonus to AC)
Preq: Dex 14+, 2nd level

Rage
Preq: Str 14+
Barbarian Rage 1/day
Can be retaken if you gain 3 levels. Max 6/day

Greater Rage
Preq: Rage, 15th level
As Barbarian Greater Rage

Enduring Rage
Preq:Rage, 20th level
No longer winded after rage

Damage Reduction
Preq: Con 14+, 11th level
Gain DR 1/-
Can be retaken if you gain 3 levels. Max 4/-

Ok, let me check my list...
Post-Apoclyptic Rules
Barbarian Abilities
Light Sword
Weird Mutated Bear Thing
Psychic Attacks (for the woman in blue whose name fails me...)

See everything you need to make Thundarr the Barbarian d20. Now if Cartoon Network would just reshow those! Anyone know any good fan sites for Thundarr?

Gospog

First Post
I think the chick in blue was Ariel the Sorceress.

And you mentioned Ooklah the Mok.

I love Thundar! Great idea!

And thanks for posting this. You may have saved me (and some other GMs) a ton of work.

I'm bookmarking this page now!

Hey, I have a question for veteran Gamma World players (I only played once or twice "back in the day"). Are Androids supposed to appear organic? Are thier "insides" mechanical? I felt that thier description kind of assumed you already knew this.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Gospog said:
Hey, I have a question for veteran Gamma World players (I only played once or twice "back in the day"). Are Androids supposed to appear organic? Are thier "insides" mechanical? I felt that thier description kind of assumed you already knew this.

Back in the day, yes they were mechanical. Very mechanical. Think of stuff like a car muffler with pincer arms and a laser gun for a head. But I played 1st edition Gamma World. There were several re-writes. I have no idea if that ever changed.

mmadsen

First Post
Ok, let me check my list...
Post-Apoclyptic Rules
Barbarian Abilities
Light Sword
Weird Mutated Bear Thing
Psychic Attacks (for the woman in blue whose name fails me...)
Lords of Light! I loved Thundarr. Thundarr's sword is his "sun sword", his mutated-bear friend is Ookla the Mok, and the sorceress is Princess Ariel.
Anyone know any good fan sites for Thundarr?
Try thundarr.com. Demon dogs! I may have to sign the petition to get Thundarr on DVD...

Last edited:

Davelozzi

Explorer
Gospog said:
And just in case anyone cares, my first scenario was called "Dome of Doom!" and the next one will be called "Reading Is Fundamental".

Any chance you'll be writing it up as a story hour?

BiggusGeekus said:
Back in the day, yes they were mechanical. Very mechanical. Think of stuff like a car muffler with pincer arms and a laser gun for a head.
I'm stuck at work right now so I can't check the 1E rulebook, but are you sure you're not confusing androids with robots?

Remove ads