Omega World: Really Fun!

Quick Question

What is the wealth system for Omega World. I got a quick view of it from Darwin when he dropped by. Was wondering if its based of of the 3e rules or its own rules.

whydirt

First Post
Wow!

This is the first issue of Polyhedron/Dungeon I've ever bought, and it was specifically for the Omega World game. I'm a little too young to have seen the original Gamma World, but I'm a big fan of the post-apocolyptic genre (especially the Fallout series of PC games), and OW just bowled me over.

Not only is the game exciting just as written, but it would take few modifications to make it less crazy and random and be able to play a Fallout style game.

And as a bonus, I got to sit down and read Dungeon adventures, basically for free since I would have easily paid the 8 bucks just for the mini-game.

PosterBoy

First Post
whydirt said:
Wow!

This is the first issue of Polyhedron/Dungeon I've ever bought, and it was specifically for the Omega World game. I'm a little too young to have seen the original Gamma World, but I'm a big fan of the post-apocolyptic genre (especially the Fallout series of PC games), and OW just bowled me over.

Check out our post-apocolyptic d20 game:

http://www.darwinrpg.com

It got a Ennie nomination for best d20 game. :)

If you like Fallout (my favorite computer rpg), I think you'll find some similar themes in our game.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Just played Omega World!

Well I couldn't get together with my regular gaming group last nite, so I opted to teach my kids (ages 10 & 13) how to play Omega World. We had a blast. My son made up a Hairy (mutant wolf) named Misterr Stinkerr, his mutations were Rage, Regeneration & Overpowering Stench (hence his name), his defects were Ugly! (lowered Charisma), Fits, Sensistivity to Sonics, and Heightened Metabolism. So he was always hungry, grouchy, and smelly! My son based him upon my Dad! I had to give him bonuses for cool Roleplaying! : )
I let him start out with a hybrid weapon a pair of "Slicers", basically ultra sharp ice skates strapped to his fore-arms.
My daughter made up a Mutant Cat named Midnight, she had Padded Feet,Claws, Haste, Ht. Charisma (a 21!), and Scent, her defects were lowered Con, and she had already rolled a terrible INT a 5!). I let here start out with an auto-pistol but only 8 rds. of ammo.
They were sent by the village elder to explore some nearby ruins, things went downhill from there, they soon got into a nasty fight with some Badders and an Ark. Misterr Stinkerr smelled so badly that the Ark couldn't hit him and after a Crit, with his Slice Skates the Ark was no more. Midnight tried to sneak up on the Badder's but they sensed her with their Empathy, she decided to go hand to hand with the Badders, they quickly clawed her up, but stopped suddenly to stare at Stinkerr who was having one of his Fits. Midnight seized the opportunity to attack, but she was sickened by Misterr Stinkerr's foul smell and missed. Stinkerr recovered and they were able to finish off the Badders, but both had suffered serious injuries. Hearing more Arks's coming in the distance (and noting the weather was starting to suddenly turn nasty!) the two decided that fleeing back into the kudzu jungle was the smartest action.
They both loved the game and can't wait to play again!

whydirt

First Post
PosterBoy said:

Check out our post-apocolyptic d20 game:

http://www.darwinrpg.com

It got a Ennie nomination for best d20 game. :)

If you like Fallout (my favorite computer rpg), I think you'll find some similar themes in our game.

I've actually had a brief look at the DW preview, and it looks really good from what I've seen. I guess the main thing holding me back is the fact that I like being able to flip through the book in my local game shop before I plop down my cash for it. I certainly will consider getting it once I finish moving and get back into a routine.

JohnnyHarbinger

First Post
Lizard Lips said:
Hey, what do you guys do with NPC types in Omega World? Is everybody an 'Explorer', or do you incorporate NPC classes like warriors and commoners? I was also thinking of allowing a feat that provided skill points to help diversify a character's abilities.

Everyone isn't foolish enough to be an Explorer. Most of the NPC classes from the DMG should work. The only one that wouldn't fit is the Adept.

Remove ads