Omega World: Really Fun!

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Squirrel Nutkin said:
I'm stuck at work right now so I can't check the 1E rulebook, but are you sure you're not confusing androids with robots?

I might be. It has been years. But did 1st edition Gamma World distinguish the two? I'm talking about the version of the game that had the cover where the humans were looking at some ruined buildings and standing in red grass or something like that.

Gospog

First Post
Dave,

Normally I wouldn't have time, but with one of my players gone for 2 weeks, I just might!

And if you want to play in the next one, E-mail me. I'm hoping to have Kevin down real soon for a game, we'll make it a Paaahty. (Bostonese for Party)

Next game ought to be real interesting.

In any case, I will try to post some sort of Story Hour this Sunday.
Thanks for asking.

BiggusGeekus said:
I might be. It has been years. But did 1st edition Gamma World distinguish the two? I'm talking about the version of the game that had the cover where the humans were looking at some ruined buildings and standing in red grass or something like that.
Yeah, that's 1E all right. I've played so many different editions now that it's hard to keep 'em all straight, but I do remember some knife-wielding androids in the 1E "Legion of Gold" module that looked especially humanoid. But whether that kind of android was also in the 1E rulebook or not I can't remember. As soon as I get home this afternoon I'll be sure to check though!

"Androids look like Pure Strain Humans..." p.22 1st Edition Gamma World

One thing I really like about Tweet's treatment, he seems to have re-captured the old 1e wild & wahoo feel--I can't wait to play a game of this :)

Hey Thorvald, you'll get a kick out of this: my last Gamma World campaign was in a Gamma World/OD&D crossover setting that had mutants & magic side-by-side in a post-apocalyptic Earth. I know that's not terribly original but it was definitely wild and wahoo! :D

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Thorvald Kviksverd said:
"Androids look like Pure Strain Humans..." p.22 1st Edition Gamma World

If there's a moderator on, I'd like him or her to run a script that will change all my posts so I am never wrong and always look smart.

Squirrel Nutkin said:
...my last Gamma World campaign was in a Gamma World/OD&D crossover setting that had mutants & magic side-by-side in a post-apocalyptic Earth... definitely wild and wahoo!

I've always wanted to try this, but never got around to it.

The closest I ever came was one adventure where a group of AD&D characters were temporarily transported there.

Speaking of mutants and magic...

What was the name of that adventure for Paranoia that incorporated magic, orcs, etc? I've looked for it for years, but haven't had any luck finding it.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Thorvald Kviksverd said:
What was the name of that adventure for Paranoia that incorporated magic, orcs, etc? I've looked for it for years, but haven't had any luck finding it.

http://www.esglabs.com/about/parody/paranoia/books.html

WEG 80108: Orcbusters 1986
An extremely fun sendup of That Other Game TM, Ken Rolston's Orcbusters features Wizards, Dragons, and, of course, an Orc. Continuing features include the Transdimensional Collapsitron, Randy the Wonder Lizard, and the Vulture Warriors of Dimension X!

Have a nice daycycle, citizen!

Remove ads