• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Quick Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricNoah

Adventurer
If you had a metal sword, and then someone replaced it with a sword made out of Nerf (TM), you'd have a much less effective weapon. Some people think that some of the 3.5 changes are reducing certain character classes or spells or feats in power so much that they're essentially worthless.

Zogg

First Post
"Nerfing" basically means reducing the power of a spell, class, or race.

For instance, bull's strength was "nerfed" because 3.5 reduces the duration from 1 hour/level to 1 minute/level.

As far as WHY we call it "nerfing", it comes from the concept of the "Nerf" brand footballs or baseballs - the company basically took something that was hard and made it soft (so kids wouldn't get hurt). Hope this makes sense.

Down with NERFING! Up with the HOG (Haters of Gnomes)!!!! Thanks, it does make a lot of sense now. I cant believe that disinergrate got nerfed that bad.......what about Finger of Death?

H.O.B HATERS OF BARDS (sounds reasonable enough)

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm gonna close all of the "extra" threads re: nerfing. I'll leave up those that seem to be discussing particular rules changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads