One song that made you feel something.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Most songs make me feel something, empathy comes easy to me in music for some reason. I couldn't possibly pick just one...so instead, I'll pick the most recent one that made me feel something...and this song hit me like a fist in the gut. It immediately reminded me of the first time I came home, after spending a few years living on the west coast.

I had come home for my dad's funeral.

Retreater

Legend
Emotional story here. (I hope I don't get flagged for it.)
Part of the story is the very sad life of Dennis Wilson, who left this song unfinished. It was later completed by Taylor Hawkins, who also tragically passed away. I shared this song with my friend, Eric, who was also a drummer and was taking the passing of Taylor Hawkins very hard (among other things in life).
I was at GaryCon and sent my friend the link to this video on Saturday morning. I wrote him that music lives on and binds us together. The next morning, I read that Eric had taken his life that Saturday evening. This song was the last contact we had.
I hope that anyone who listens to it might feel moved to reach out to their friends and family. Check up on even those who smile and joke around every day, like my friend Eric.

Remove ads