• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Builder - scroll wheel working!

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I had a weird experience tonight. I tried to access the online Character Builder and couldn't get to it in Firefox - I got messages about templates not being found. I then saw someone had mentioned that the online Monster Builder was available tonight to people in the beta, which made me think other people were able to use the tools, so I tried the Character Builder in Internet Explorer.

First, it loaded up okay, which was good (weird that I'm having trouble in Firefox, but good that I can still use it).

Second, my mouse scroll wheel was working! I was scrolling through lists of feats and suddenly realized... I was SCROLLING through lists of feats! Woo hoo!

I apologize if this is old news, but I was tremendously excited. Simple pleasures.

cpendlet

First Post
I can use the Character builder fine in FireFox. If you try it and it still doesn't work try hitting ctrl-F5 (cleares cached info) and trying it again (this has gotten a few websites I need to use for work going again). Hopefully that will help.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
It's working in Firefox for me this morning - probably just a cache issue, as [MENTION=64280]samursus[/MENTION] suggested (I had rebooted overnight). And Ryujin, I can tell you that the scroll wheel definitely did NOT work in the past for me nor for lots of other people. It was a major annoyance that I'm glad they've fixed!

Ryujin

Legend
It's working in Firefox for me this morning - probably just a cache issue, as [MENTION=64280]samursus[/MENTION] suggested (I had rebooted overnight). And Ryujin, I can tell you that the scroll wheel definitely did NOT work in the past for me nor for lots of other people. It was a major annoyance that I'm glad they've fixed!

Makes me wonder if the issue was specific to one type of hardware, because I don't remember ever having a problem. It definitely DID NOT work for my in the character sheet, of the offline Character Builder.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[MENTION=90804]OnlineDM[/MENTION] - I had the 'templates not found' isssue the other day as well; I had to re-input my username and password, and it loaded fine.

Good news on the scrolling being fixed :)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Holy Crap, Dude! Seriously big news! The no scroll wheel thing has been bugging the crap out of me.

Please, somebody give him some XP for me. He just made may day!

Wheeee!!!

pclaw8

First Post
If "templates not found" is your issue in firefox, I suggest never caching your data (good idea for security too)

To do this in firefox you, click tools, options, privacy, and change the option to "never remember history".

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk Pro

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads